Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I don't know who the bidders are on the red test shot currently being auctioned, but I have a strong suspicion that it includes a few Hobby Talkers! After all, we do have a few Mopar fans around here. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone of you for supporting this project. Again, I won't boar you with the details ( the full story is in the various SS threads) but I can say you people blow me away! With 2 days left, this hot rod is at $76.00! I wonder if it can break the $100 mark? Please check it out before the weekend is over.

Now, let me take care of a couple of quick housekeeping matters. First, my name has been thrown around in several kind threads. Besides making me look good and ruining my reputation, it makes it sound like I have done something special. People, I had nothing to do with this.

I was contacted by a HT member and asked to run this auction to allow them a degree of anonymity (sp?). The only contribution I have offered is to cover all listing and closing fees ( so the full amount can go to John) and reveal my Bay name ( of which I could care less).

Woopdedoo! (Like that one? :p ) It's everyone of you that made this project so successful. Last, thanks to Rob for letting me post on the main JL thread regarding an auction. I hope everyone knows I would have never done that at all for my self. Just wanted to give thanks where it is due. Have a great weekend all!

If someone wants to post the link, that would be great. I just have no idea how!

Ward

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Air Cooled, was it you that turned me on to spell check.net? If so, thanks! I can still find words it don't know (must mean i'm smarter then it is!) but I am loving it!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
No that was someone else, but I recommened downloading the Google toolbar, and i've had zero issues with it. All you do is hit a button, it underlines/highlights the words, then you right click and correct. No having to copy and paste on a website. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'll give that a try as well. Sounds like I would like it even better. Where does it lay, on the screen bottom?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
nope, it lies right below the address bar.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
air_cooled65 said:
No that was someone else, but I recommended downloading the Google toolbar, and I've had zero issues with it. All you do is hit a button, it underlines/highlights the words, then you right click and correct. No having to copy and paste on a website. :thumbsup:
You mean I've had that button all this time and never knew it???? Been cutting and pasting to Word for spell check!!!!! :freak:

Maybe instead of saying "ABC Check", they could have simply written "Spell Check"?????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
LOL, thats too funny.
Sorry Ward, I think we've officially
your thread.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey , that's cool. The auction is over 480 dollars now with two days to go. But you see, it will end Sunday night. But I will be spellin' bad for a life time! I need this here spell checker thingy!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
69Stang said:
Hey , that's cool. The auction is over 480 dollars now with two days to go. But you see, it will end Sunday night. But I will be spellin' bad for a life time! I need this here spell checker thingy!
Ummmmm.... it still said $81 when I just checked it :confused:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
With the "4" and the "$" being the same key, in all his excitement I think he forgot to hit the shift key. :)

Ward, nice job by you to take the ball and run with it. :thumbsup:

(Speaking of ball - GO PATS!!!!)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Dadvball said:
With the "4" and the "$" being the same key, in all his excitement I think he forgot to hit the shift key. :)

Ward, nice job by you to take the ball and run with it. :thumbsup:

(Speaking of ball - GO PATS!!!!)
you mean Speaking of ball - GO DADVBALL!!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
69Stang said:
The auction is over 480 dollars now!
:p :p :p OK, maybe I missed that one! Yep the $ and 4 do seem to share that key don't they? But wouldent that be so cool if it did?

OK Folks, only one more day to go! Ends tomorrow night. If you want to bid, get going! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK Gang, last time I will bump this to the top. The next thread I start will be the results.

At this point on Sunday afternoon, the car is just over $100 and seven hours to go. For a car this neat and rare, there is a lot of room it can still go. Please help out the Squirrel and takl a look.

Remember...Bid early, bid often! :thumbsup:

Ward

1 - 14 of 14 Posts