Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Strand R/C Raceway Update!!!

Carpet arrives this week..lot's of new stuff coming...The driver stand is completed should be a welcomed addition to the Track!! Lot's of improvements in the works!!! Rules will be available in the coming weeks so stay in touch! We will be starting again on the 3rd week of September Test and Tune Sept. 19th!! Point season starts in October!! I look forward to seeing everyone this year for a excellent season! Should be very competitive!

4cell Stock ORL rules apply..

Doors open at 10:00am racing starts at 12:30PM
Race Day Moved to Sundays to better suit the drivers!!!

http://home.ptd.net/~bradwray/

Any Question email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the carpet is installed and the walls will be finished this week with the inside corners...Pictures will be available this week if all goes well...I might post some pics of what is done already so stay tuned!!!!

Thanks for the much needed help guyz!!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just to give a update on the tracks proggress this year...We have a very fast Bolink Legends class!! Alot of new entry level people getting involved!! I'm trying to make this a friendly track for the entry level person.I must say it is just that the people up at the Strand are helpful and easy to get along with so anybody wanted to get the youngsters involved don't hesitate!!

See Ya at the Track!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
4 cell stock is hurting right now...We have a great legend class evolving now...as far as 4 Cell stock the general consensus is no one wants to spend the money on expensive tires at this point..reason I say this is I notice higher then normal tire wear at my Track....but we are currently thinking about a bush class this is not all been worked out yet...I'm actually pretty excited about this and want to get it up and runnin for a number of reasons....

#1 Cost <Spec tires Spec Motors with any Brush and 4 Cell Spec Packs>

#2 Chassis <This will open the door for class development> Woods,10L's,SK Modified ect...pancar based platforms!!!

#3 New People!!! <This will be a excellent class for a entry level person> Pancar can be pretty intimidating to the new person...I know I was and this will give the new person an arena to compete in and not be intimidated !!

#4 Cost again!!!! I would much rather do my learning on a old 10L and beat the snot out of it then say a KSG or whatever...and then find out I don't even like it???? that would suck!!! Money down the crapper!!!

#5 Tunability This I believe would be the next step up from the Legend Class
for the person that learned on a legend and wants to expand out in tunability..

You guys are the racers out there and the ones who bring new people into the Hobby... So any and all comments regarding this will be considered and possibly implemented...

you can email me at [email protected] with any comments questions ect..thx again

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Track is up and running....the points will start next week....this is not your ordinary track guys ...I believe this is one of the best chassis tracks on the NE....Motor and battery is not gonna be the ticket here...if you think you are a chassis Racer then you gotta give this track a far shot....If there was a group of Pancar guys that would give this track two weekends in a row the groove would be run in and I believe the competition would be outstanding....anyone can put a hot motor and pack in there car if they have enough cash........BUT lets see if the setups are out there!!!! I do not speak as a experienced racer with setups...because quite frankly I suck!! but!!! I know if I learn chassis now I will be a contender when it comes time!!! So here it is a chassis track that puts racers on a level playin field!! Come and See for your self...It was said Build it and they will come well...NO MORE EXCUSES LETS SEE THE HOUSE PACKED TO THE GILL...those are the Problems as a race director that I want to have....Until next week Be safe and Happy!!!

Brad Ray
Race Director
The Strand R/C Raceway
http://home.ptd.net/~bradwray/

·
Registered
346 Posts
GREAT TRACK had a lot of fun today this is a fast track 3.8 seconds in 4 cell stock and the cars handle it hats of to thease guys so whos up for 4 cell stock? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
sundays door open 930 10.00 am run legonds offroad truck on the oval and pan 4 cell stok as well as sk we are located 60 miles east of harrisburgh abought 30 miles west of wilkesbarre pa the link is at the top of the thread! :dude:

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
hey i deffinatly want to try the track. ive been meaning to but jsut keep misisng it. i know this wekeend i cant cause im goni to KN but maybe next week. id love to. maybe i can get some guys up. i sure hope so. talk to you later. good luck this weekend

joe ivo

1 - 20 of 1767 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.