Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i recently got back into collecting diecast, used to do it as a child but then stopped. and have none of those. so i figured, since i cant own this many real carsso i thought to my self im going to buy some diecast!. LOL. i will say this seems to be one of the better diecast forums online so i figured i would join up. a little about me, im 24 years old and just opened up my own mobile detailing business so that is my profession. i have always loved cars and loved working on them and doing custom work to them, so that transfers over well to this hobby as i am a perfectionist as well!. by the way when i say detailing i dont mean the local nutjobs at a car wash/detail centers going crazy with a rotary buffer. i mean high end every nook and cranny detailing and perfectionist paint polishing. its another one of my hobbies as well. its just something i love doing. to take a car that looks dirty or dull and making it shine like its nicer then brand new is just great. so that's a short about me, of course if you need any detailing tips ill be glad to share!. now enough blabbing and onto the pictures of the starting's of a diecast addiction. mind you its been exactly one week and one day!

first up is the first group of cars i got within the first couple of days, then i started on a racetrack diorama which is not done and more of that will be explained when i show it off in the customs sub-forum.

next up is what i purchased friday july 13

and yesterdays haul, wife needed to go to dollar general, most of their normal selection was nearly bare then i found some sitting way up top and pulled the display down and look through and what do i find? my first TH! anyways heres a picture

i will let everyone know i am a opener for the most part, the only ones i have that will stay packaged is the ferrari racer scuderia and the TH. hope you all enjoy!:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
OK Opie, I was going through your collection and was BLOWN AWAY by your AMC collection. I have a few AMCs too but yours is ZOWIE WOWIE. Do you or have you owned a 1:1 AMC ?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of the cars are AMC, unless amc means anything other then American motors company. and no i never owned a 1:1 amc.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Hi Opie, welcome to the obsession and to HT!
This hobby is a lot of fun, especially when it blends various interests together. For example, I'm an artist who Love's art and design - and like yourself, I strive for perfection. I also Love cars, so diecast collecting is a natural! Hope you have fun with us and learn a lot. :wave:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Welcome to the hobby. looks like your off to a great start. Your passion for cars will add to the overall die cast collecting experience. I was a late bloomer and got into cars in 1997 now I'm 52 and am hooked. There is so much out there that I like and want to have . I'm like kid in a candy store every time I go hunting.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome Opie!, I know that feeling dude, Am going on 3-years collecting diecast cars from 1/64 to 1/18s (Stop in 1998).....Just this year I gave up on the Blue cards HWs, MBX, and JLs with Plastic chassis either traded them or gave them to my Godson who love thems more than I.....I love to collect Authentic looking cars Metal chassis,Rubber tires, and close to real looking cars of my past time (if it a 1/64 like GL and M2)....On the 1/18s HWY61, GMP, Exact Detail, SuperCar,AutoWorld,& AutoArts....From close to 8000 cars am now down to 1,014 cars both in 1/64 and 1/18 (this does not include my Plastic Model cars..109 total)....So again Welcome!! there is so many great members here that just so great to talk to enjoy bro!......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
8,000 cars in three years? :eek: You were a diecast fiend! :lol:
Well?....I also had the ones from the 90's too...Which from that era I now have only 12.....mostly Ertls that I either sold or traded for a HWY61 or Exact Detail car.....but Yes! am a Junkie of cars.....:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
none of the cars are AMC, unless amc means anything other then American motors company. and no i never owned a 1:1 amc.
I was looking through your album and ran across your American Motor cars. SWEET

1 - 16 of 16 Posts