Hobbyist Forums banner

Which Class do you plan to run at the New Year Dash?

The Spektrum R/C 14th Annual New Year Dash Carpet Oval Challenge Jan 9-10, Oneida, NY

24K views 255 replies 66 participants last post by  10pinsracing 
#1 · (Edited)

Spektrum R/C, the leader in spread spectrum technology presents...

The 14th Annual New Year Dash Carpet Oval Challenge

The History
Every year since 1996, the New Year Dash brings out the finest oval racers in the Northeast and Canada. Former participants and winners is like a who's who of oval racing. Racers that have competed at the New Year Dash over the years are National Champions Todd Putnam, Brian Burkhart, Mike Murphy, Mike McMahon and the very fast Pete D'Agnolo. Other top racers such as Steve Salvas, Brian Ziegler, Steve Rocket Miller and Jake Flurer have taken to the carpet oval in central NY. Look for the 14th Annual to be just as prestigious.

The Title Sponsor
Spektrum R/C has joined up with CRC Raceway to help bring this fine event to you. Spektrum and all the fine Horizon product lines are well supported and they really care about your racing hobby. It is an honor to have Spektrum on board.

The New Venue
This year CRC Raceway takes the oval show on the road to Oneida, NY. The Kallet Civic Center will host the 14th Annual NY Dash. A good sized facility with plenty of parking and and pit space. A good amount of tables and chairs will be provided, but bring your own just in case. Also, extension cords, pit light and power strips are a good idea. There will be a small fast food snack shop operating throughout the weekend offering hamburgers, hotdogs, snacks and drinks. Also, CRC Raceway will have a small on-site hobby shop setup.

The Race Management Team
In addition to the previous 13 years of New Year Dash events, your race management team has hosted a number of events with over 200 entries. The team also has national and international racing experience so you can count on a well run show. Look for exciting, knowledgeable announcing and timely scheduling.

The Track
The track will be brand new CRC Fasttrak HD racing carpet. The size will be 80 x 36. This is an event where there is a level playing field. No home track hero's. The track will be new to all competitors when practice starts at 9 AM Saturday morning. With new Fasttrak carpet, grip will build quickly and each and every competitor will be chasing the setup much like the Snowbirds later in the month, great practice.

The Schedule
Saturday January 9, 2010
****Doors will open 9:00 AM. Practice until 1:30 PM, 3 rounds on Saturday for the Saturday/Sunday Classes (2 for Sportsman Truck, 2 on Sunday)

Sunday January 10, 2010
****Sunday - Doors at 7:30AM with practice for Sunday entrants only until 8:45. Qualifying follows practice with the mains after.

The Classes
The classes are as follows;

TOUR Sportsman Truck 17.5 – “Limited” ESC (Snowbirds class)

North/South COT 17.5 (per rules http://www.slcscs.com/SLCSCSRules.html )

TOUR “Limited” Superstock COT 13.5 – “Limited” ESC

TOUR Superstock COT 13.5 – “Open” ESC (Snowbirds class)

TOUR Pro-Stock 10.5 - “Open” ESC (Snowbirds class)

TOUR Expert 7.5 - “Open” ESC (Snowbirds class)

1/12th 10.5 - “Open” ESC (Snowbirds class)

Sunday Only "local classes" 2 rounds + mains

Sportsman Truck, 12th Roval, Legends, Sliders, etc. with $5 discount for Leader racers.
These classes represent some of the local oval racing in the area.

The Speed Control
Never before have we had to address this issue, but the New Year Dash has found a place for everyone. *We will have 1 Spec speedo class (North/South) and 2 Limited speedo classes. In the Spec class, the North/South rules specify a Novak speed control. The TOUR has come up with a Limited ESC rule that allows ALL speed controls in their default, no dynamic timing modes. This has been tested to remove the dominance of the Advanced and Mamba speed controls. All LRP and Advanced units are to be set on profile 1. All Mamba controllers will need the cheat mode set to "disabled". Tekin speed controls will need to be set on Profile 1 with 180 software. This puts the emphasis on gearing, driving and car setup without banning perfectly legal products. There are also 4 classes of "run-what-you-brung" Open speedo rules.

The Hotel
The Super 8 Motel in Oneida, NY is just a mile away. We have a special rate set up with the hotel, just mention "CRC race" and register before January 4th, 2010. Call (315) 363-5168 to reserve your room.

The Fees
Entry fees, $35 for first class, $20 for second. Sunday only classes $20. For those who raced at the Billy Leader race, discount $5.

The Entry Form
The entry form for the 14th Annual New Year Dash
http://www.teamcrc.com/crcraceway/downloads/NEWYEARDASH_1-2010.pdf

See less See more
#15 ·
One last time, CRC why is Niftech traction compound not allowed. Thank you

Bob T
While the odor does not spread like the wintergreen products, Niftech has a very distinct chemical solvent odor. Get enough guys running it and it could get a bit strong.

Believe me, I am a Ground Effects junkie, but our venue asked us to keep the air reasonable.

Vegas and Cleveland and many other events have had good luck with the super low odor products.

Sorry Bob.

#28 ·
Hi guys,

This is shaping up to be an awesome race!! I'm glad to see that Frank has both a "Limited ESC" 13.5 COT class AND an "Open ESC" 13.5 COT class. It gives everyone a place to race!!

Frank asked me to clarify one thing. This applies ONLY to the "Limited ESC" 13.5 COT class, where each manufacturer's ESC is set to 0* dynamic timing. The original post said: "Tekin speed controls will need to be set on Profile 1 with 180 software."
The correct setting is as follows: "Tekin speed controls can be set on ANY profile with 180 software, with the timing "slider" set to zero degrees."

On the Tekin 180, throttle profiles are nothing more than exponential setting within the ESC software (same function as a throttle expo on the transmitter). So the only parameters to bring the Tekin to "Limited Spec" is to load the default 180 software and put the timing slider to zero.

A few had asked me that question so I thought I'd get the answer and post it.

Remember, this applies ONLY to the "Limited ESC" 13.5 COT class.

In the "Open ESC" 13.5 COT class, you can run whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

Steve

#29 ·
I have a question, how are you going to enforce the "limited ESC Classes ?? Are you going to hook each car up to a computer in Pre Tech before each Heat and Main to make sure they are still set to the required setting ?? Sorry, it may open up a can but, I had to ask. This Speedcontrol thing sure is messing up Brushless and Lipo which, I thought was going to be a great thing for R/C Car Racing,O well.

Bob T

#34 ·
WOW.............Cory and O'Brien must work for MSNBC!!

Cory.......you gotta deleted that post!! LOL Some of these ole boys are confused enough already!!

King O'Brien, you can leave yours alone, since you are my hero!!
(As for dinner, Polish surf & turf for you.....Kielbasa and Bullhead!!)

Just to clarify....again:

"Tekin speed controls can be set on ANY profile with 180 software, with the timing "slider" set to zero degrees."

Any editing of this post is strictly prohibited by Major League Baseball!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.