Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SpeedZone--S Sioux City, Nebr. 2009-10

Rob and I are thinking about openning up the SpeedZone in South Sioux City, Nebr. to competition racing for the 09-10 racing season.

However, we would like to know what interest there is, if any, before going any further.

We are aware that we have lost a large number of carpet oval racers in the area and if we can't get the numbers for oval then we may turn the track into road course only. And if there is not enough interest in road course racing then we need to go no further.

The carpet is still down (we use the track for testing) so it would not take much time to get things ready for competition racing.

Our thoughts are for racing twice a month.

And if there is interest in oval racing, be prepared. I will be racing a Windtunnel Breeze Oval car. Otherwise it looks like maybe 1/12th scale onroad for me or I get the fishing rod back out.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Bill

Mike and I would happy to run oval at the speedzone. I am pretty sure that a number of other oval racers would be interested on weekends that there is no BRL races sponsered. I would also try to schedule around Vinton's Sunday races and you may draw a few racers from there.

Jim

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Bill
I have not talked to Batman since last season in Omaha. I think he would want to race at the Speedzone if it opens this year. He always enjoyed running there.

Jim

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jim,

I did talk to Batman and last word I got from him was that he had sold all his stuff. So it doesn't look like he will be racing anywhere unless he got something just recently.

Not many guys left doing 1/10th oval around anymore. I doesn't look like we could get more than eight or nine and I doubt they would be in the same class. Even Omaha has gone to mostly Losi cars. Vinton looks to be the place to go for 1/10th oval.

I think we will look at things after the first of the year again. Rob and I haven't gotten much of our crop out and it looks like a really late harvest for us. We are going to try and make it to Omaha to race you guys but that probably won't be till sometime in Dec.

If we don't get something going by the first of the year we may just pull up the carpet. We did get a call from a local person who wants to buy it if we did and start a track. So we will see. Rob and I just don't have the time to run a track.

Just ain't like it used to be back in the 90's.

·
BMS R/C Speedway
933 Posts
Any more word on if you will be open your track after the first of the year?

Thanks
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts