Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new Hot Rod and Custom show put on by the publishers of The Rodder’s Journal. Held in the infield of Pimlico Race Track, home of the Preakness Stakes, in the heart of Baltimore.

The silver streamliner is a replica of the SoCal Speed Shop streamliner:

Loved this guy’s use of scallops, continued inside and outside the car. Even has matching scallops on headliner. Cadillac grill a nice touch too:

Squindo is a hot rod artist. Next two are the outside and inside of his traveling panel:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Safari wagon was mildly customized into the “Surfari” with matching logo on side:

I have to confess that the 1958 Chevy is not my favorite vintage. I just never took a shine to them. That being said, this car, from this angle, was a knock-out to me:

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
WOW! PW, that looks like it was quite a show. Lots of nice cars there. The Squindo truck was very cool, the red Caddy elegant, that '58 Impala very sharp, the Surfari over the top adn the yellow Studebaker a stand-out.

Thanks for the photos - I enjoyed them...

:wave:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Lots of eye candy in this thread, but the '36 Ford phaetons take the cake. I'd imagine that any more, it's extremely rare to see two of 'em in one place!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Tons of cool iron!!!

Not only does the '60 Chev have a '61 Cad grill as you mentioned, but they took the leading edges from the Caddy hood and fenders, and the bumper apears to be Cad as well. Noice!!!

Any idea what that black early '30s coupe is? Hudson maybe??? Way awesome.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea what that black early '30s coupe is? Hudson maybe??? Way awesome.
Believe it or not, I'm thinking that is a 1932 Plymouth 5-window Coupe. The headlights are obviously from something else but that's what the mascot, grill shell, and badge are telling me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts