Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wrecked Connie at Wolf 359, does anybody know, was it ever "officially" given a name. I'm thinking of naming a PL Refit after that ship.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Funny.............
I don't remember seeing a Constitution Class at Wolf 359. :confused:
Got any pics that verify that? :)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Links don't work, but I do remember seeing the quick shot of a connie secondary hull just before commercial.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here ya go

The first pic is an engineering hull, the other 2 are a wrecked primary hull, the destroyed Enterprise from ST3 was used for these shots, or so they say.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've never heard any official or unofficial identification of it. Heck, it's shown in such a fleeting fashion, I'd be amazed if anyone bothered to give it a name.

·
Registered
142 Posts
JGG1701 said:
Funny.............
I don't remember seeing a Constitution Class at Wolf 359. :confused:
Me neither.

An Enterprise-class ship, however... :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've actually seen it described either way, a refit or redesigned Constitution, or Enterprise class, depends which publication your reading.

If it is an un-named vessel, I'll make up a name and story to go with my model

I'm open to suggestions.

thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
John F said:
I've actually seen it described either way, a refit or redesigned Constitution, or Enterprise class, depends which publication your reading.
Yeah, I’m just trying to stir up trouble. ;)

I personally prefer the Enterprise-class nomenclature, but I have begrudging accepted the Constitution-class refit designation as well.

Not meaning to get off-topic, but I do find it ironic that the very use of the term "Constitution-class refit" is an acknowledgement that the design does indeed need to be differentiated from the original Constitution-class. Yet, many (most?) fans seem to argue against the Enterprise-class designation.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Is that the McQuarrie Enterprise in the middle of the 2nd and 3rd screencaps, and an Excelsior proto in the top right of the 3rd cap?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have numerous good screen captures from the DS9 battle with the Borg at Wolf 359. The shot the concerns me is the suicidal crew in the Oberth class that went up against the Borg.

I know that the following class of ships were at the battle of Wolf 359 - Excellsior, Nebula, Miranda, Oberth, Chyane (?)

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Jim NCC1701A said:
Is that the McQuarrie Enterprise in the middle of the 2nd and 3rd screencaps, and an Excelsior proto in the top right of the 3rd cap?
To me it looks like a modified Galaxy, and an Excelsior with the engine struts put on upside down.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pics I posted are from theTNG ep "Best Of Both Worlds". I wasn't a big fan of DS9 so I'm not familiar with any references to Wolf 359 that they may have made

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
They look great! Two sets just in case you have problems putting the first on, I guess?

As to bring up an old thread, I don't have a problem with it. If you're referring to my being perturbed a couple days back about old threads being brought back, it was because four threads about the exact same subject were brought back to the surface.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts