Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car ran very well at the fest. It almost ran off the end of the tables like my dragster (thought I was gonna be bringing it back in pieces for a second). It also liked the 30v. This car also recieved a couple awards in the modeling contest (a medal and an xtraction car which I have here for you Kev.). :eek:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Awesome car!!!

Are there any chassis pictures of this car? Kevin said in previous posts he would show the chassis after the fest.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
WoW........

mtyoder said:
This car ran very well at the fest. It almost ran off the end of the tables like my dragster (thought I was gonna be bringing it back in pieces for a second). It also liked the 30v. :eek:
Well it should with all those motors you have pushing her! :devil: rr

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Frist I would like to thank MTYODER who eats sleeps and dreams slot cars .He is the man. Without his help the reaper would not be as cool by no means. I left the car with him to bring to the fest for me .He installed a set of bronze ring gears and updated the rims and tires .Thanks.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Thanks. I would really like to see what you did with the pick-up shoes. Can you show us a picture of the underside?

Thanks,
Mike U

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The car is at mtyoders right now.Craig could you post a picture .It is a drag car only no curves for this one .All metal gears used though out the car .Poly magnets and custom wound arms from mtyoder.It runs like a neo magnet car .just flat flys.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hey Kevin...

We missed you at Fest this year,hope all is cool in your life.
Congratulations on the awards and medals/prizes...This Reaper looks so much more intense in person,just an amazing piece period.

Yoder is a master craftsman with slots too...Guess you knew that, he's a great man to talk tech with as well.

My admirations too both of you.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a pic. of the botom. The pickups are just a couple pieces of shim stock soldered to the chassis plates with desoldering braid soldered to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts