Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the strangest places. I reciently accepted a position as a track coach for my high school. I had worked with the team for a few years as a preson who was knowlagable in the shot put and discus. I really didn't want the position but it was a take the position or the program would loose the position situation. I said I'd take the position under the understanding I don't ride busses. All of theis is neither here or there. Well our second indoor track meet was the Hoosier State relays. Or qualifyer was at Purdue University in Lambert fieldhouse. (Sorry Eyecandy, I know this is your stomping grounds but I knew we'd be too busy to go hunting). I was unloading my truch then I saw the Penn High School bus pull up and a gaggle of young ladies spills out. I remember that a certin Mr. Hosaflook has a daughter that runs track and goes to Penn.
During the Shot Put I look up and see Mark walking by. I shouted across a very busy track and said that I'd catch up with him later. After the majority of the meet was over I spotted him talking with his daughter across the fieldhouse. I went over and got to talk diecast and track with him his wife and daughter. (Mark how did you get so lucky to have such a nice family?) Daughter Kim did not do so well in the Long jump (Rumor was they had to wait 15 minutes between jumps - This makes it impossible to work out your steps!) She did much better in the 4X400 at least.
We talked abut upcomming Autofest possibilities and I'm getting excited. I'd say more but I will not steal the thunder of others. Let me tell you there is some thunder out there! Mark I hope that your daughter get thigs worked out in the Long jump so we can see her compete at the state meet! (She has to go up against our girl who went over 17' in the HSR this weekend and finished 3rd in the state last year. This could be fun! Diescast at the state meet! I hear Indianapolis is nice in June see you there!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Chris is a great guy and so is his daughter. I always enjoy meeting up with a friend in the most unexpected places. We even got to talk die-cast for awhile.

Boy was it HOT in there!!! Purdue is doing a lot of nice construction around the area. Go Big Ten!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts