Karl

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this still 1/43 Scale Diecast or are we now 1/43 Scale Opel Diecast?? :eek:
I am kidding - great blogs - keep them coming. :thumbsup:

Karl
I have been meaning to write up about these 1/43's for ages, but never got around to going them - I had an opportunity to photo the models last week, so was on a mission.

Need to order some further models within the next three months.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I have been meaning to write up about these 1/43's for ages, but never got around to going them - I had an opportunity to photo the models last week, so was on a mission.

Need to order some further models within the next three months.
Since you're not posting any content here, only links to your blogs, perhaps these should be consolidated into a single thread.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you're not posting any content here, only links to your blogs, perhaps these should be consolidated into a single thread.
Sorry if I am asking the obvious, but is there an actual need to post content?

I mean, I can just copy and paste the detail into a post if necessary, but the link is accessible to all if of interest.

Welcome your thoughts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Liking your blog Sir,seems these chappies are not up to speed yet with these new social media thingies.

Off now for a Pimms before a spot of tea.:wave:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I think maybe because you posted a 100 Opels in a row! :eek: But to answer your question, the is no difference. I think any traffic here is good traffic. It might have been said differently - like could you post the name and manufacturer, a sentence and a one of your pics, then the link? Just an idea. In that way, we can see what it is before clicking to another site. This is just my opinion and I do not want to discourage any posts here. I think what you post is great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think maybe because you posted a 100 Opels in a row! :eek: But to answer your question, the is no difference. I think any traffic here is good traffic. It might have been said differently - like could you post the name and manufacturer, a sentence and a one of your pics, then the link? Just an idea. In that way, we can see what it is before clicking to another site. This is just my opinion and I do not want to discourage any posts here. I think what you post is great.
I agree with you any traffic is good traffic,not exactly that busy on this site considering the amount of members.Social media is the new kid on the block even if some do not like it.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
OK.....so what is the difference then between this post and

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=384243

??

Same thing surely?

Not trying to pick a fight - far from it - just want to know the difference.
The difference is that I don't read the Matchbox forum so I've never seen that guy's posts. If I read that forum, I would have called him out too. Your posts are technically a violation of rule three of the Hobby Talk Terms of Service:

"3. No posting of "visit my website" type messages. Links to sites that helps answer someone’s question is fine. We do not want a bunch of "visit my website" type messages or just messages with a link and no more, I don't do it other places and I expect the same respect here."

If all you intend to do is post links to your blog, why not be considerate and just use a single thread that you add new posts to, instead of filling up this entire forum with your threads?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The difference is that I don't read the Matchbox forum so I've never seen that guy's posts. If I read that forum, I would have called him out too. Your posts are technically a violation of rule three of the Hobby Talk Terms of Service:

"3. No posting of "visit my website" type messages. Links to sites that helps answer someone’s question is fine. We do not want a bunch of "visit my website" type messages or just messages with a link and no more, I don't do it other places and I expect the same respect here."

If all you intend to do is post links to your blog, why not be considerate and just use a single thread that you add new posts to, instead of filling up this entire forum with your threads?

Are you a moderator of the site?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks that way, doesn't it.
It does.When the rules were drafted social media perhaps had not even been dreamed up.In 2013 it is real and very much in use by near on every huge company to your average Joe in the street.

I fully understand steering people to another web site is taboo and should be stamped on but a blog is just someones perspective on in this case diecast.

Surely a good forum should be a living and moving with the times place.

Like OP stated not wanting to pick a fight but just been honest and open with you.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
When the rules were drafted social media perhaps had not even been dreamed up.
Not true. In fact, this forum itself is a form of social media. And yes, there were web logs back in the late 90's.

The point of this forum is to be a place where people come to share information. It is not intended to be a place that draws traffic and hit counts to other web sites. If you want to share your collection, post pictures of it here. Everyone else does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts