Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Great pictures! What exactly was done to restore her?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There was lots of stuff restored and or replaced, but in short, she has been brought back to the look she had in 55 in Anaheim California, shiny brass. The most amazing part is that the port side was all decrepid looking, and now!...she looks as great as the starbord beauty side....
Will

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Hey Will -

whereabouts in Epcot is the Nautilus? I may be heading there next May with the family and I would certainly want to make a point to see the Nautilus!

Cheers!

Huzz

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Thanks for posting these!

(For those wondering, visiting the photo site and clicking the right arrow is well worth your time).

Typical guy question: 'I wonder how much that sucker weighs?'

Typical geek question: 'I wonder why the imagineers put a worm-screw on the keel?'

Thanks again. Amazing prop.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi gang,
Alas,
Not sure we will be seeing her on public display for a while now. This was basically her unvieling..
perhaps a 20k event would change that...not sure
Geek question was asked already and I'll give the same answer I gave him or her......over 200 lbs..she's all brass so quite heavy. As to the second question, that worm gear was designed by Harper Goff as part of the Nautilus originally. That detail is the spiral speed indicator.It's a very nice looking addition if modeled right...This being the original SPFX mini makes it right!
The great news is, the Nautilus is safe now. She's sooooooooooooooooooooo Pretty!~
Best,
Will

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Nice photos. "we're surprised it's brass" That's funny.

I started a 3 foot plastic one years ago. At least no one can argue with the detailing on this one!

Interesting stand. Was it bolted to the side of the hull?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Nice headlights!! LOL!!

Will, do you know if the Nautilus will be on permanent display somewhere at Disney? I would love to get a peek at her next time I am there!

Huzz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts