Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
6,612 Posts
Oh YEAH!!! Tom Daniel's website alluded to "something big" in the works for Rommel's Rod, but...YEAH!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Oh wow, that's great news.

Thanks for posting, Steve.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next...

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's great to know..Amazing Vehicular Modeler #1 has an article on a build up of Rommel's Rod...So now I can build it and use the tips and tricks to do a diorama ... Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
390 Posts
This is very cool news! I love TD's stuff and just bought the last of his die-cast vechicles from a collector show. I truly wish they could finish out the die-cast set with a Rommels Rod too.

Also, I just restored an original Rommels Rod in '05, click on my gallery link under my name to see the process and final pics (some are below). It might help some for painting tips. I still plan on picking up one of these though. Gotta love the new model company... now we just need them to do Wonder Woman!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Nice re-do on the Rod Geoff, and lots of good pix too. Thanks for showing it.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Cool photos.

Some one around here built one with dust on the windshield and clear patterns where the wipers had cleaned. Love to see that again!

·
Registered
701 Posts
AFILMDUDE said:
Cool photos.

Some one around here built one with dust on the windshield and clear patterns where the wipers had cleaned. Love to see that again!
That one was done by Fluke several years ago. He's switched websites since then, so I don't know if he still has the pics anywhere on the Internet.

Hopefully, this kit will be a big hit (I know, it seems like an obvious smash hit, doesn't it). If so, it might mean more TD show rods in the future. Frank said he would love to do more TD cars but only time would tell if that happens.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks for posting that Steve!

That was a gift from Qtan a few years back....man that was a fun build! I found that an 1/35 Tamiya German halftrack buggie/track set up worked out perfect. I modified Rommel a bit and added a better seat for him as well.

My vote is for 1/16th scale! That would look great with the new 1/16th M16 WWII U.S. Halftrack coming soon fron Trumpeter.

AWESOME!!! A new model company for us not so grown up kidz!

Thank you Moebius Models!!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts