Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about the next big thing?
Disney Pixar Cars were super hot but are losing steam. John Cena action figures and spinner belts are on the up and up.
What we need in diecast world is another hard core legend Mad Max type movie. Forget about all those wholesome vehicles or fast and furious models. We need some dark, hot, dirty and dusty V8's and violence with a short run merchandise deal and a few variants.
My only specifications are a good story, well shot and properly acted.
Hey Hollywood! Is that too much to ask?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I agree. Another American Graffiti type movie where the background focus of period cars would be awesome. I'd even go for another California Kid (Vic Morrow...what could have been...) or a Dirty Mary Crazy Larry movie.
Our biggest problem today is the young actor pool. Its pretty bad and filled with dorks. The actors of the 70's were cool and made the movies work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Dirty Mary Crazy Larry - I have memories of a great chase scene. Best thing is they didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to have an impact. American Graffiti - Lucas - Fantastic. Ever seen the never ending chase scene in the man with two heads or great stuff like Russ Meyers Faster Pussycat Kill Kill.
I'm with you mn_dodgeboy, I love the idea of a raised back end, lowered front. I'd add some dark matt paintjobs with a bit of airbrush on a classic muscle shell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts