Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I now Dirtydrc psted that he came by today we need more people to show interest in dirt oval. So come on come out of the wood work we want this place to boom. We cater to everyone as long as there is interest. This is the new Xtreme Galli Mods RC race track. We want racing in New Milford for a long time. Call email post what ever you can do to keep up the buzz. Thanks Jessica

·
Registered
503 Posts
Stopped up there today met John let him know the dirt oval drivers will support him and make it worth the effort. Also mentioned a 3 track series liked Darrell mentioned it may be possible for a small series this year to test the water and and one kickin series next winter

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Yeah.. good thinking Darell. How cool would 20 - 25 SK's be at a short track doing 85-90 laps in 4 minutes. I get all tingly thinking about it! Especially since there is room for 20-25 pits now.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Im getting all tingley over this. I feel like taking the b3 and b4 off the shelf and start working on them right now. Its not like I dont have any time or anything. The SK series would be a welcome thing to all tracks I would hope. I couldnt wait to run 90 fast laps in a 6 car sk main at xtreme. there would have to be gentlemen out there or there would be lots of carnage.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
darrel said:
Im getting all tingley over this. I feel like taking the b3 and b4 off the shelf and start working on them right now. Its not like I dont have any time or anything. The SK series would be a welcome thing to all tracks I would hope. I couldnt wait to run 90 fast laps in a 6 car sk main at xtreme. there would have to be gentlemen out there or there would be lots of carnage.
"Gentlemen"??? Does that mean we have to apologize to each other BEFORE we wreck each other during the race?

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
looking at that track a few times before I am puting my appolgies in now x10. lol. we are working on something that might be a little more suited towards that track HINT HINT.....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Like i used to tell fluffy i am not racing you fluff sorry. Hey darrell your probably tingly all over because its winter out. John was happy about all the oval requests it seems we talked for about 45 mins. Could possibly have huge dirt oval event when the weather breaks. It all depends on the people Isent John to talk to since that other guy did not do it Later guys,Scott

·
Registered
561 Posts
john is TOTALLY open to any and all suggestions that you'se "oval" guys have i/c/w configuring the dirt oval as well as race times, etc. john's committed to making racers happy. his fully equiped shop won't hurt either..........he is also enlarging the ozite track. john is there most sats/sundays working inside to get the place ship shape. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW THE PLACE LOOKS.....all new pit spaces, too(all with seperate power. without all the clutter, the place looks 10x larger, as well....bigger and better things for xtreme.....a track with lots of nostalga. for sure, alex and i will be there sunday's to play in the dirt...................................

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
I am all for an oval in the previous configuration. I mean, incorporate it in the off-road layout, so all you have to do is relocate some pipe barriers to run oval. But the surface has to be prepped like a dirt oval, not like a loose dirt off-road. If there is room for a dedicated oval, that's awesome- then you could bank the corners without fear of the off-road racing deteriorating the layout. Any layout that is real big becomes less of a driving/setup track, and becomes a 4-minute dyno pull.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Im on board with that comment nick. I wonder if it still might be possible to put the oval next to the front door where it was dug out. I dont know if john can get the ok to use that spot from the town or not. Or mabe in his thought process make that more parking and increase the size of the main track. Whatever happens its nice to have all this talk about it.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
I know that this is a DIRT OVAL forum, but when I spoke with John, he was hoping to start racing indoors mid-February. That could mean 2 1/2 or 3 months of indoor racing, right here in New Milford. I am sure he needs to get some racing going asap. What about indoor carper oval? I'm ready to roll with SK Mods and 1/12th scale oval right now. What is everyone else thinking? Xtreme needs the input.

·
Registered
854 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAH Nick
Maddness is a fairly large track and I seem to remember getting hit a few times in one race. Anyway I will for sure go with the SK at Xtreme its not any bigger than a legend and we managed to run 5 and 6 at a time without much carnage. Oh the memories are comming back, yes I can see the 150 and 300 lap races in my head now. Dont get scared I know you all like 4min. races I wont tell anybody. shhhhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Modifieds & Danbury. The two words are meant to be together again. I might have to paint up a #711 body just to tick people off.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hey there dale if you paint one of those don't tell fuffy as he has a nice one already done up .Now back to racing in new milford i say get out the vac im ready 1/12 s/k it does not matter to me lets race . John i will stop buy soon Ken

·
Registered
561 Posts
john's usually at xtreme on sats/sundays getting the place in order. he appreciates it when racers drop by to discuss the shop and possibilities. but, before making the trip, you can call his mahopac LHS to make double sure that he's there....(jessica)845-621-0044.

1 - 20 of 533 Posts