Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a case of these today in the mail. Anyone notice that the Trans Am has a painted steering wheel including the chrome spokes. It also has a painted center console. I could not get a great picture as it is still in package but very nice touch!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Puppycat said:
I just received a case of these today in the mail. Anyone notice that the Trans Am has a painted steering wheel including the chrome spokes. It also has a painted center console. I could not get a great picture as it is still in package but very nice touch!
i can't get over the detail either. this is now one of my favorite birds and i have almost all of them made by j/l. i don't know why but this casting didn't sweep me off my feet like i had expected it to at first. although i always welcome another bird to the collection and did like it, it just didn't hit me like i thought it would. i picked up the blue one and the yellow one but this very car in the one that did it for me with this casting.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good to hear, since I will be getting the T/A. I saw the yellow Firebird at Target earlier this week, and it didn't do much for me. Proportions look better in person than online pics though.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
My Holy Grail Story...

Wyatt said:
I have to get one with a white interior!
Ya know, I have a funny story about that... You see, my dad and I went to the Chicago Auto Show last Friday. The day before, I visited our good friend and O.L.D. Rob at his home in Eureka and purchased two of those lovely T/A's from him (as I hinted to him that I wanted one, but he had none with the white interior). Anyways, since the Learning Curve store was "on the way," since the same street just happens to run into McCormick Place. I figured that I would stop by for a look see...

Low and behold, I was shocked at the assortment that was in front of me! I was in diecast heaven. Until I found a certain Holy Grail that I was searching for...

I figured that I would have to sell my soul or something of equal value to even get my hands on this piece. But to my surprise as I was going through the pegs with the T/A's on them... WHAM! White interior! Does the happy dance. Granted, the Grail of my dreams did set me back $4.99 with tax (there's your retail price for ya). But I figured that I would NEVER find this piece on the shelves anywhere. Curious note, the clerk when I checked out said that a gentlemen had been in the night before and was looking for white's. She said that he must have missed this one. Just my lucky day! :thumbsup: (And that was just the start...)

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I have never seen that many JL's on pegs in one place in my entire life. Nice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
VERY SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Inciteful. Con Grat's on your find you lucky guy!!
I have only had that happen 1 time then I didn't even realize it till someone pointed it out to me :freak: felt like n idiot, oh well ZF :wave:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I was so happy to find it that I didn't even look at the other pegs to see if there were any others. Kinda one of those, I found this, I should stop while my luck is ahead feelings. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts