Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new red card exclusives...who likes 'em?

I found a brand new dump bin at Wallys this morning so I used my keys to snap the plastic straps on it and open the top. This short red headed lady turned the corner and asked "Do you work here?", I said no and she replied "then can I help you?" I said no just looking at the new cars. She quickly waddled off down the isle towards the back and not two minutes later there was a stock boy showed up with a pallet jack to take it to the back only he was willing to wait until I was done.

It was a whole bin full of the new red card exclusives, there were six cases of an assorment of 25 different cars, all have already been released they were just put on a different card. I just couldn't see myself buying 25 cars I already had just because theye were on a different card. I bought one, INVADER, just to have a red card item.

I ask you this: Would you buy all 25 just because they are on a red card even though you may already have the car?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah what's up with the red cards?? I too stopped at my Wally's today and the had the dump bin put up and it's full of stuff i already have ---- not one thing new??? Ya know few weeks back i bought up a couple baja bugs and the red boneshaker thinking they were gonna be hard to find --- well well to my surprise the dump bin is loaded with these and a few others i thought my be hard to come by ----- market is really flooded now with these cars --- I did find on the pegs a really neat shelby cobra 2007 new model -- has chrome FTE !! Also a torpedo Jones on a 2007 card -- thing with this one is Jones ain't in Torpedo -- he's upside down in the seat ---- he came off and is laying there loose.Also a Enzo Ferrari jet black with gold FTE wheels "looks SHARP!! So all in all i was disappointed with dump bin ---- Hopefully luck will be better at K Mart tomarrow!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have yet to see a red carded hotwheel around here but I have seen them on the web and i like them better than the new 07 cards!! But i do agree that i would not go and re-buy the same car just because it had a red card instead of blue.. Mattel should stick to its original cards, they have been blue for 30+ years and we are all still buying them LOL

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Not to sure about the redcard deal. Just another way for mattle to get our money. If i like the car i might buy them if not i will pass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't understand the red cards either. Nothing unique. The red cards are in the dump bin, while the pegs are filled with 2007 carded cars. Strange.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ok so the dump bins are full of left over junk they couldn't sell on blue cards and too plentiful to ever be worth anything. Now I know not to go digging through them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Redline_Fever said:
Ok so the dump bins are full of left over junk they couldn't sell on blue cards and too plentiful to ever be worth anything. Now I know not to go digging through them.
NO, Quite the oppisite. The sooner you get to it after it's been put out the better off you are. There the reason you see people posting they scored 5,6,7 hunts at one time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
97XR7 said:
NO, Quite the oppisite. The sooner you get to it after it's been put out the better off you are. There the reason you see people posting they scored 5,6,7 hunts at one time.
BOD or no BOD you won't find any T-Hunts at any of the stores around here. All the stock boys get them first and sell them on Ebay.

·
Registered
478 Posts
red carrds

BOD or no BOD you won't find any T-Hunts at any of the stores around here. All the stock boys get them first and sell them on eBay!
. AMEN BROTHER, e-bay or local flea market

·
Banned
231 Posts
I haven't seen them up here in Toronto, Canada so I'm not sure if they will release them here like most of the stuff from HW. I've seen sets on the bay for $40 to $50 already but don't even know what they are selling for in the stores. Can anyone can tell me the selling price at MW or TRU? I don't collect many blue cards but the only difference I could see was a color variation form the blue cards.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
dragonfly27 said:
I have yet to see a red carded hotwheel around here but I have seen them on the web and i like them better than the new 07 cards!! But i do agree that i would not go and re-buy the same car just because it had a red card instead of blue.. Mattel should stick to its original cards, they have been blue for 30+ years and we are all still buying them LOL

:thumbsup: What he said...!! ..would have to be peanuts to re-buy the same car just to have a different colored card...I like the blue..! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
They're available at WM. All 25 cars are readily available. They have the same UPC number as the old pre-2007 cards so they sell for the price of a basic HW.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I really get tired of looking at Hot Wheels blue. It's a welcome change for me. I only bought one on a red card though. It was the yellow 69 GTO and only because I never found it on the darn blue card. I am not rebuying cars to get the red card. If Hot Wheels would sell new to the market cars on red cards I would defintely buy them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts