Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is my 13 year old Son's considered opinion that the best Doctors are the 9th & 10th. Period. There is no arguing with him. He says they have the best stories (particularly the 9th), and music (particularly the 10th). He like the rest, but says they all fail to live up to the high standards of these two.
He also says the best of Dr. Who is better than *gasp* Star Trek...:freak:

(I don't see him building any Tardis models, though!:thumbsup:)

When I was a kid, My Doc was Peter Cushing....

Memories, reviews, general thoughts on this?

[Oh, and because I was heavily distracted by neck pain, I did this in the wrong place. Can it be moved?]

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
My wife will tell unequivocally that David Tenant will always be the best Doctor.

I tend to agree (though not nearly as passionately as she!).

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have seen in a magazine from England that there was a peron that was building a Tardi is the backyard of they building he lived in.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen in a magazine from England that there was a person that was building a Tardis in the backyard of the building he lived in.
Cool.
And I myself suddenly feel the need to make a Dalek...
When time permits after present projects... I will.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Cool.
And I myself suddenly feel the need to make a Dalek...
When time permits after present projects... I will.:thumbsup:
If I can fine the photo, I have one that was sent to me and it shows some MODEL ROCKETS and one of them IS a Dalek standing behind one made to look like the Cowboy Bee bob space ship If I can find it and using my A620 I'll get a photo I can upload it.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Don't get me started on my adult daughter's fan girl status for the doctor. She's a nut, but says she gets her "geek" from me and my love of Star Trek and other s/f.

Common conversation:

"Hey, honey, gonna watch that ridiculous Dr. Who, tonight?" She quips back: "At least I don't feel the need to have a Horta around to paint! And marble eggs? Really, dad? You're painting marbles?".

:wave:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
This Dalek is 1:1 scale, made from foamcore board, sheet styrafoam, and the top lids from Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait cups. I snapped it through the window at our local comic book shop.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
I knew a little about Doctor Who when I was growing up, but I could never find it playing on television here in southern California so my limited knowlege came from magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland.

That said, my official introduction to The Doctor was the first episode of the "new" Doctor Who in 2005; I was hooked, and I'm 99.9% positive I've seen every episode since. I really liked Tennant in the role, but I have to give the nod to Eccleston.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I knew a little about Doctor Who when I was growing up, but I could never find it playing on television here in southern California so my limited knowlege came from magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland.

That said, my official introduction to The Doctor was the first episode of the "new" Doctor Who in 2005; I was hooked, and I'm 99.9% positive I've seen every episode since. I really liked Tennant in the role, but I have to give the nod to Eccleston.
Back in high school, (about 1,000,000 BC) my girlfriend's kid brother was a fan of the OLD ones. '60's re-runs? Dunno. But all I knew was the stories were great and the special effects were awful. Wiggly cardboard walls, and all.

Her father ran a home-based printing business from the garage, and on weekends the whole family would be up until 2am watching that, Monty Python and Fright Night movies. And if I was REAL lucky, she'd let me sneak a kiss between commercials. Those were the days when "everything was right with the world"

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Tom Baker. He is the best Doctor...well to me anyway!

My younger brother built a full scale K-9 and Dalek. I'll see if I can get some pix for you guys.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I can sit down and thoroughly enjoy an episide of Doctor Who regardless of whether its Eccleston, Tennant or Smith as the Doctor.

But Tennant is my personal favorite, for his quirky sense of humor mostly.

For Doctor Who fans, you can get really cool coats and stuff from Abbyshot.com. They are located in my city and I took advantage of that to get a Tenth Doctor's coat from them at a great deal at the local sci fi convention a while back. Its a really nice coat! In fact, I wore it to a wedding once and the bride's Dad was saying to me "Nice coat!!".

Allons-Y!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can sit down and thoroughly enjoy an episide of Doctor Who regardless of whether its Eccleston, Tennant or Smith as the Doctor.

But Tennant is my personal favorite, for his quirky sense of humor mostly.

For Doctor Who fans, you can get really cool coats and stuff from Abbyshot.com. They are located in my city and I took advantage of that to get a Tenth Doctor's coat from them at a great deal at the local sci fi convention a while back. Its a really nice coat! In fact, I wore it to a wedding once and the bride's Dad was saying to me "Nice coat!!".

Allons-Y!!!
I did really like Tennant minus his seemingly meth induced yelling fits but now that I've seen more classic "Who" I'd say 2nd Patrick Troughton is tied with Baker for favorite (mostly because the Baker era was all we ever got where I lived in MI) and I equally enjoy the three modern actors for their own take on the doctor. I may have to give a slight nudge to Smith because he reminds me the most of the originals.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I was lucky enough to see the Pertwee Dr. and Baker, and they were great. Davison was boring and so were the stories. I liked the US Dr. Who and liked the story. When Eccleston took the roll I really liked where it was going, and I liked his intensity. When Tennant took the roll I felt he was the best, other than Baker, who had invented more of the weirdness of the Dr. than the others. The next Dr. was also very good. I wonder how the next Dr. will be?

·
Registered
779 Posts
First discovered the Doctor going to school in the Boston area who then was played by Tom Baker. I met him once at a dinner in St. Louis and he was very friendly so he kinda sticks as a favorite for me. Still got a hell of a crush on Rose Tyler!!!

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
It is my 13 year old Son's considered opinion that the best Doctors are the 9th & 10th. Period. There is no arguing with him. He says they have the best stories (particularly the 9th), and music (particularly the 10th). He like the rest, but says they all fail to live up to the high standards of these two.
Four words: "Genesis of the Daleks"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts