Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 963 Posts

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting this thread to give local and out of town racers a place to discuss
racing in general.
Where did all the on road racers go in this area?
What are some things that can be done to bring it back to life?
It seems that our local hobby shop, (Riders) will be running there own parking lot races this year and thats fine, at least we'll have somewhere to race in town. The lot was repaved last year and is still in great shape! The drivers stand is up and the boarders are down. Myself, my son and a couple other guys spent the weekend testing and tuning our cars getting ready for the season, man was it ever nice out! I believe their program will start May 1st and I'm ready, How about you?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Would have liked to be out there working on our cars to, but I'm still looking for a head button for a NS12S3, or another mt.12 crankcase. I have Jeff's car ready, need to order a bumper for that one. He can't wait to try it out. :p

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Great Idea Fred. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Jeff H. I would like to get that TR he wants to sell so I can get my car going. Last years motor still runs like junk. Anyone have any thoughts on making some of the bigger races in the area? I would love to do some like the Great Lakes or Midwest Seires. If so post here or e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll be sure to stop by. I get out of work at 4:30 so I won't be able to participate in the racing festivities. See you guys there.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nitrorod said:
Great Idea Fred. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Jeff H. I would like to get that TR he wants to sell so I can get my car going. Last years motor still runs like junk. Anyone have any thoughts on making some of the bigger races in the area? I would love to do some like the Great Lakes or Midwest Seires. If so post here or e-mail me [email protected]
Jerrod, The last time I talked with Jeff he did'nt seem willing to part out his nitro stuff. He wants to sell as a package deal.
I was thinking of doing some midwest seires and perhaps the on road paved nats, but I have'nt made any decisions as of yet. Jesse has mentioned doing some traveling. I believe Steven wants to do the paved nats.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone wanting to get a jump start on the outdoor season, Riders hobby shop (Grand Rapids) parking lot is up and open for practice. This will be the last open practice before the start of the season. The lot was repaved last year and is still in great shape! The drivers stand is up and the boarders are down. Whether wise last weekend was great and this weekend is looking O.K.
Temp's should be in the 60's. Come on out, what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Jimmie - We ran 19 turn motors, with rubber tires. Sorex 36's are a good all-around choice, one set will probably last all summer.

Denney

·
Registered
430 Posts
Rider's can get them if they don't have them in stock. If you want to order online, I recommend www.kthobbies.com - good stuff, good prices, & really fast shipping. I also ordered a set of the Take-Off CS-27's. They're supposed to work well, & a set of 4 pre-mounted runs about $30.

Denney

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you get the Sorex's (~$25-27 for 4 tires), you will also need inserts & wheels. Personally, I like HPI Red, or Green inserts with HPI wheels (all 24mm size). Through KT Hobbies, this combo would be about $36-40. I usually like to run a little softer tires than some of the guys (Sorex 32's, or 28's), but by the time you get 3 full sets you've got ~$120 into it. That's why I thought I'd try the Take-Off's...you can get the softer (CS-27) & harder (CS-32) compounds together for ~$60.

Denney

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Both Sorex and Takeoff produce 4-packs of their tires that are pre-built. Those are definitely worth the money since the inserts and rims are very good. Plus, they are cheaper (at least they have been in the past) than buying all the pieces individually. And, the best part of all - you don't have to glue them!

For stock TC the Sorex 36s are probably going to be a little too hard. 27s and 32s are typically good for stock TC.

-Rich

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Hey, I need you guy's help here. I talked to Tom at Rider's tonight, and he needs to know what we're gonna need as far as parts and tires. He plans on stocking Sorex, but he wants to know what else we need.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nitro Junkie said:
Hey Fred, Are they going to be leaving the drivers stand where its at now, or do they plan on moving it?
I understand that the driver stand can be moved in place when the track is in use, but you'll need to move it back to the east end of the track when your done with it. Where it sits now is where Riders want to store it.

1 - 20 of 963 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.