Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past i have lived by the rule that consistancy is key and it has held up to be true for the most part. but when all else fails and consistancy cant keep you up to the pack What can help?

·
Registered
658 Posts
squeeker138 said:
Maintainance. Cut your motors, Clean your bearings, lube and polish everything. It can be a couple 1/10ths/ lap.
:cool: thats it keep up with the MAINTAINANCE of you car!!!!!

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
check this out
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=172
go through some of those and you will understand what we mean by cutting your motor. if you do not know how, you may ask someone that you race with or at your LHS. they should know how to cut it and maybe for a small price, they will cut your motor and change the brushes. you can also check the swap and sell area of this site. some individuals have motor rebuilding services. contact them and check it out

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Jr. where do you live Maybe someone on here lives/races close to you and can help you? Ask some of the faster racers @ your track, someone will help. Go to the track early and ask if they will look over your car and point out what needs changing. Have someone watch your lines while your practicing. The littlest changes can make all the differences.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I race with my cousin and he helps me out alot but we both tend to be in the same speed range leading me to believe that we are missing a trick .. the faster guys at my track wont tell their speed tips... becides he sandbags to make us not feel bad. and when someone is a threat he will up his speed as if it were as easy as a press of a button... he is a real cheater and we havnt fidgured out how

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yea hes got a point he may be cheatin, a kid at marshalls was runnin a 3800 instead of the required spec pack and got causght, the sad thing was it was novice and he was runnin a 1/12 and womped any one any way because of the weight difference...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its kindof hard when the owner trusts him so much due to the fact he helpes alot with the running of the track so its a lose lose cituation

·
Registered
658 Posts
If i where you i would say something, dont go "he's cheating!!!" just say hey, he's car it alot faster then everybody elese's and I believe we should have a motor tear down for the winner after each race, tearing down a motor is really not that big of a deal,
give that a shot,
CDW

·
Registered
658 Posts
if the guy gets affended or mad about you asking him 9 times out of 10 he is cheating, I have done the same thing at the local track, I said something to a guy and he took his motor appart and come to find out he was not cheating and it solved alot of problems, between him and alot of other racers
Hope this helps,
CDW

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well he did win the snowbirds oval in 2003 and he does have alot of experience but their is still no reason for him to be going that fast. this track is newly established and the owner doesnt know anything about rc. we also have no tech guy yet and 9/10 times he finds a way around it so i think im going to start to get under his skin a bit and ask him how he is so fast compared to every one else and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
if you find out he is cheating tell the track owner to issue him a warning,and if he gets caught again he wont be able to race there anymore.Racing is supposed to be fun.And if you have to cheat to win you arent racing, youre CHEATING.and thats it

·
Registered
658 Posts
Junior14 said:
Well he did win the snowbirds oval in 2003 and he does have alot of experience but their is still no reason for him to be going that fast. this track is newly established and the owner doesnt know anything about rc. we also have no tech guy yet and 9/10 times he finds a way around it so i think im going to start to get under his skin a bit and ask him how he is so fast compared to every one else and see what happens.
That is another idea, like i said before dont just flat out say "your cheating"lol, say hey I having trouble keeping up with some of the faster guys and i was wondering if you could help me out. Now Im not saying he will tell you everything about building a fast motor but I am sure that he would help you out. Try that,
CDW

P.S. if it is a bigger race track where alot of people are showing up to race tech is a MUST Have,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts