Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Hollywood is about to do it again....

The Wayans' Brothers are set to begin a new film starring our favorite misfit family, The Munsters. Given their track record of movies, I hold no hope whatsoever of our getting even a "decent" Munsters film, much less a "good" one.

Comments?

Larry

:cry:

P.S. - Here's the full report:

Wayans family to produce 'Munsters' film
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Wayans have long been a family of Hollywood. Now, they will be a family of monsters.

Keenan Ivory, Marlon and Shawn Wayans will write and produce a new film based on the 1960s sitcom, "The Munsters," Universal Pictures confirmed Wednesday. The brothers are making a contemporary adaptation of the story of a monster family that never quite realizes that their ghoulish ways are different.

No casting has yet been made official, but in the last Wayans written-produced film, "White Chicks," Marlon and Shawn starred as well. The trio has also collaborated on the multiple "Scary Movie" comedies and "Don't be a Menace to South Central while Drinking Your Juice in the Hood."

The original Munsters TV show ran from 1964 to 1966. Since then, Herman, Grandpa, Eddie and the rest of the family have appeared in numerous made-for-TV films and the late 80s sitcom, "The Munsters Today."

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll beat everyone to the punch here with what I am sure are the critical issues to us modelers:

I hope they use the same house design from the series!

I hope they use the same Dragula and Coach cars!

Personally, I would be suprised if either happens. I am sure the whole thing will be 're-imagined' from the ground up. Still, if the Wayans have any reverence for the original series, they might throw us a bone!

Mark

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, here's hoping...I don't know if he would ever be considered, but I always thought if a remake was to be made, Brad Garrett could play Herman Munster quite well. He's tall enough, does cartoon voices, so I don't think he's beyond a "Fred Gwinn" immitation...ANd can be goofy, using the appropriate gestures Herman is noted for.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Wayans' may decide to pay for and use the name, but may update it considerably so that it doesn't even resemble the original. Eddie Murphy did that with Dr. Doolittle and the Nutty Professor flicks. The Wayans' would be stupid to try to redo a formula that really isn't capable of being redone (though a few have tried).

- Fred

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
KenNetzel said:
Well, here's hoping...I don't know if he would ever be considered, but I always thought if a remake was to be made, Brad Garrett could play Herman Munster quite well. He's tall enough, does cartoon voices, so I don't think he's beyond a "Fred Gwinn" immitation...ANd can be goofy, using the appropriate gestures Herman is noted for.
In his early stand-up routines, he did an impression of Fred Gwynne/Herman that was DEAD ON...not just the voice, but the body language as well.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Ziz said:
In his early stand-up routines, he did an impression of Fred Gwynne/Herman that was DEAD ON...not just the voice, but the body language as well.
I Agree Totally with ya' Both! I saw Brad do this Bit On Star Search He Said he was "The Love Child of Herman Munster And Greg Brady" LOL

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i hold little hope for this one... although the 90's version with edward hermann as herman and veronica hamel as lily was pretty good. (yes they did use the coach, but not the house). the materiel was treated with respect (john landis was one of the executive producers). edward hermann's herman was as close to gwynn's as anyone could hope for and the original cast had a small role that was quite nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts