Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The best part about this is that it is a correct season one KARR. The season three "two tone" has been done to death....

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Nice Video Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
wait a minute... I got one of these.. and it was KITT...but are you saying that someone got a KARR variant version?
Yes, there was a KARR variant. From the outside you can't tell... it's when you open it up you see the differences. There is the KARR lettering on the acrylic case, the KARR sfx in the base and no license plate deco on the DCC itself. (correct deco for the season one KARR)

It was not promoted, either. This was a true surprise for those who bought one.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Ok, pardon my ignorance, I went and did some digging on this and I now know the full story.
K.A.R.R. is the evil K.I.T.T.
I watched the show every so often back in the day and I guess I never saw the two different episodes.
In that case they should have had a clip of Peter Cullen who did the voice for it back in the 80's. I do know that Peter Cullen did the voice of Optimus Prime from the 80's cartoon and the Transformer movies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
KARR was voice by Peter Cullen and Paul Frees. Since Peter Cullen is associated with Hasbro, I suspect Mattel didn't even bother using his voice for this variant.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
The one in the video was available at the San Diego Comic Con. There may be soemthing on ebay.
There is a mainline KITT but those have been tough to find.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I remember those episodes with K.I.T.T vs. K.A.R.R. - some of the best of the series IMO! Anyone remember when K.I.T.T. could go into Super Pursuit Mode? That was awesome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts