Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Home Depot Trucks on the TYCO US1 platform: Semi and short flatbed with forklift.

These are also prior customs except for the piggyback forklift that I just figured out today how to attach it to the flatbed.

Installed the piggyback support for forklift behind the rear wheels.

The flatbed can still lift up with the piggyback forklift support in place. One of the mud flaps was completely broken off and I patched with styrene and that is why the center between the mud flaps is longer.

Forklift can be displayed on the flatbed with cargo. Need tie downs for track use.

or display it as a piggyback forklift. I should figure out how to attach micro chains from the forklift to the flatbed but that is another project. Good enough for now.

Here’s the light weight all plastic forklift from Wiking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Nice work on the Home Depot trucks and great idea & mounting of forklift. ..RL
Thanks. Nothing special for Lowes and Home Depot. I know they are boring looking but they are necessary for my collection. At least, I made it a bit more interesting with the piggyback forklift which has been on the back burner for years. A solution just hit me yesterday and I ran with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You know, I just don't remember anyone going after the US1 trucks for customs. This whole thread has been great!
THANKS!! It is great that different people on the forum does different customs. For the last 3-4 years, I am on the TYCO US1 obsession All because the vehicles can go backwards, forwards and do specific actions which fascinates me. The Mod Shop has been busy. We will be making deliveries on several sets of customs and will be posting pics soon.

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,719 Posts
THANKS!! It is great that different people on the forum does different customs. For the last 3-4 years, I am on the TYCO US1 obsession All because the vehicles can go backwards, forwards and do specific actions which fascinates me. The Mod Shop has been busy. We will be making deliveries on several sets of customs and will be posting pics soon.
Keep on building em...!!! I like em...RM

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Matchbox National Parks Vehicles to TYCO US1 conversion Part 1

The National Parks Agency commisioned The Mod Shop to electrify their Chevy Blazer. It was a small job but we didn’t know at the time that it will be the shop’s most ambitious build(s). We thought it would be a 2-3 days job but it turned into 3 weeks holding up the other vehicles on the custom queue.

Here’s our shop’s new logo:

The following is a Matchbox Chevy Blazer from a 5 pack. Sorry Admin Milton, some diecast vehicles were modified BUT NOT harmed. I know you love your diecast but push cars are just not efficient! :) Electric is the way of the future!

When the agency saw our progress, they ordered 2 more conversions, a Jeep Cherokee and a Chevy Tahoe. The interior was gutted to make room for the electrical chassis and custom styrene clips were made for each vehicle. It was a tough job cutting down the 2 front main metal axle supports for the Chevy Tahoe. We started the Tahoe at 10pm and worked until 3:30am for that conversion. Tow hooks were added.

Sorry to Hotwheels collectors for stealing the Real Riders Baja wheels from Gonzo’s van for the Matchbox Chevy Blazer. It looks so good with these Hotwheels rims and rubber tires.

For the National Parks trailer with a row boat, we had to drill with a 1/16” bit in the rear metal post to make room for a guide pin.

Please excuse the shop’s appearance. We are testing new wall and floor paint colors. The 3M blue tape #2093 was so strong that it peeled parts of the wall off when the blue tape was removed.

The Chevy Blazer is completed along with a horse trailer wearing new Baja wheels “donated“ from a Hotwheels Real Riders Gonzo’s van.

Our 2nd vehicle Jeep Cherokee is completed with a row boat trailer.

The 3rd vehicle Chevy Tahoe is completed along with a Dollar Tree trailer with Matchbox’s Sea Spy water vehicle. A guide pin was also added to the trailer.

After approval and payment was received, the National Parks Agency commisioned our shop to refurbish their garage.

End of Part 1. We thought the job was completed but the Agency commissioned more vehicles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Matchbox National Parks Vehicles to TYCO US1 conversion Part 2

The National Parks Agency was satisfied with the prior three SUVs, three trailers and a garage but they wanted MORE! The Agency requested four more vehicles.

TYCO CJ7 Jeep stripped and repainted in National Parks‘ mint color.

They needed an Emergency van for the Park Ranger.

Dump Truck

Semi Truck is completed but we put their request for a long flatbed trailer on the end of the job queue.

Here’s all the completed vehicles for National Parks.

End of part 2.

There will be several more National Parks vehicles in the future but The Mod Shop needs to work on other customs on the job queue. The Agency turned 1 vehicle request into a massive build of 7 vehicles, 3 trailers and a garage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
You build some good stuff...just how many of those garages do you have...??? RM
Thanks! How many garages? Hmm. Ahh,, hmm. I have been hoarding for the last 3 years to accumulate TYCO US1 items on EBAY to modify.

I have the following garages to modify.
6 Red Firehouses
1 just a base with no building
2 Exxons (I don’t think I should modify these)

I have a list of items to customized and I also have a another list of TYCO US1 inventory that can be modified.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Your builds are very interesting & like how your trucks are part of a garage. Keep on trucking!
Thanks! I like the garages because of the switch track. I try to buy extra ones when they afe available on ebay for a decent price. I like it also because it makes the collection of vehicles more complete.

For non TYCO US1 collectors, the garage switch track (one inside the garage and one slotcar on the outside) can store 2 slotcars and as one backs up into the garage, the 2nd slotcar car drives out. This way you can have 2 cars that shares a lane one at a time and can keep switching vehicles whenever you like.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts