Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Didn't see it but I hope it was a blogspot-generated random advertisement and not an endorsement from Megahobby.

Anyway- cool POTC ad.

Sean
The next time I checked, it was a different ad, so it must have been generated.
MEGAHOBBY may want to complain to whatever powers-that-be about that ad. For businesses, endorsing any candidate usually results in a loss of 50% of your sales, be it an ad for Romney or Obama. I've never seen this type of thing pop up before.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not likely. Asked about them at Wonderfest. The gist of it was that Disney doesn't think they'll make enough on the licensing to even make it worth the expense of having their lawyers draw up the contract.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The next time I checked, it was a different ad, so it must have been generated.
MEGAHOBBY may want to complain to whatever powers-that-be about that ad. For businesses, endorsing any candidate usually results in a loss of 50% of your sales, be it an ad for Romney or Obama. I've never seen this type of thing pop up before.
If someone's going to their deny business to a company over a randomly generated ad the company does not control...well...

Also, I have firefox with adblock disabled and see no ads whatsoever. Odd.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If someone's going to their deny business to a company over a randomly generated ad the company does not control...well...

Also, I have firefox with adblock disabled and see no ads whatsoever. Odd.
Well, the user may not know it's randomly generated. But anyway - adblock? - damn! Where do you disable that? My life would be SO much better!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not likely. Asked about them at Wonderfest. The gist of it was that Disney doesn't think they'll make enough on the licensing to even make it worth the expense of having their lawyers draw up the contract.
I betcha those are VERY expensive lawyers, too....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Well, the user may not know it's randomly generated.
True.

But anyway - adblock? - damn! Where do you disable that? My life would be SO much better!
If you WANT to disable adblock, just selectively disable it on whatever sites you don't mind seeing ads on. I do it with a few others. There's also whitelisting but I tend not to bother with that.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ads are random, we cannot control it. We have updated the blog with even more cool stuff.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

I know we've discussed this before but I can't remember exactly what was said. Can't they just reissue the kits without the Disney POTC name on the box? Just call them Pirates or Caribbean Pirates etc instead?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I know we've discussed this before but I can't remember exactly what was said. Can't they just reissue the kits without the Disney POTC name on the box? Just call them Pirates or Caribbean Pirates etc instead?
Nope. They do too much business with the Mouse in their other brands to risk annoying it.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Nope. They do too much business with the Mouse in their other brands to risk annoying it.

That's the first time I've seen a reason why they haven't been repopped put so clearly. Bloody Disney.....as if they haven't got enough money already.:(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The fact that they are already doing business with Disney makes it all the more plausible that they WILL release these kits. And the haunted mansion kits. The lawers are already in place. You'll see.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts