Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Didn't see it but I hope it was a blogspot-generated random advertisement and not an endorsement from Megahobby.

Anyway- cool POTC ad.

Sean
The next time I checked, it was a different ad, so it must have been generated.
MEGAHOBBY may want to complain to whatever powers-that-be about that ad. For businesses, endorsing any candidate usually results in a loss of 50% of your sales, be it an ad for Romney or Obama. I've never seen this type of thing pop up before.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
The next time I checked, it was a different ad, so it must have been generated.
MEGAHOBBY may want to complain to whatever powers-that-be about that ad. For businesses, endorsing any candidate usually results in a loss of 50% of your sales, be it an ad for Romney or Obama. I've never seen this type of thing pop up before.
If someone's going to their deny business to a company over a randomly generated ad the company does not control...well...

Also, I have firefox with adblock disabled and see no ads whatsoever. Odd.

· Registered
581 Posts
If someone's going to their deny business to a company over a randomly generated ad the company does not control...well...

Also, I have firefox with adblock disabled and see no ads whatsoever. Odd.
Well, the user may not know it's randomly generated. But anyway - adblock? - damn! Where do you disable that? My life would be SO much better!

· Registered
2,092 Posts
Well, the user may not know it's randomly generated.
True.

But anyway - adblock? - damn! Where do you disable that? My life would be SO much better!
If you WANT to disable adblock, just selectively disable it on whatever sites you don't mind seeing ads on. I do it with a few others. There's also whitelisting but I tend not to bother with that.

· Registered
3,652 Posts
Not likely. Asked about them at Wonderfest. The gist of it was that Disney doesn't think they'll make enough on the licensing to even make it worth the expense of having their lawyers draw up the contract.

I know we've discussed this before but I can't remember exactly what was said. Can't they just reissue the kits without the Disney POTC name on the box? Just call them Pirates or Caribbean Pirates etc instead?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.