Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok New Year And New 12th Scale Rumors! Who Has Seen The 007 Mini Mav?

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
How many of the Maverick Nation is going to the Snowbirds and what class?

I'll be running 4 cell stock and 4300 Brushless.

Good luck and see everyone there.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I think i have.... followed it for 5 minutes....

·
Registered
169 Posts
So this is the place for 07 eh? Sounds great to me. Good luck this year to all of the Maverick crew. :thumbsup:

Scott

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Pilots amongst us?

Howdy Maverick bretheren.:wave: I haven't touched a car since the early part of November and I'm starting to get the itch again. Or maybe thats just that nasty rash cropping up again. Either way I'll scratch that itch soon.

·
Oval Racing Rules!
1,012 Posts
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a nice holiday and are ready for some great racing in 2007!

Here's some updates from the shop ...

Yes, I've been working on a new Mini Mav. I'm on the 3rd, and final, version of the prototype. I'm hoping the one I just cut will be the same as the production chassis and parts! I'll be running it in two weeks, so I'll have a better idea then. I've made some cool changes on the #3 setup, 1/12 scale guys should really like this one.

Brian is borrowing the prior version of the prototype to run next weekend in Florida. He gets a loaner for the weekend. It's the in-between chassis that I've had great luck with. It's a lively little car, I hope he can tame it! :)

But, I'm not sure if they will be ready for the 'Birds :( The downside is the problem with the cutter and carbon. I'm seeing machining quality issues as well now, as I cut prototype parts. It has absolutely nothing to do with structural integrity, just finish.

I've been talking with other sources for cutting and for carbon. I've got some test sheets here and other options if my guy cannot make headway in the next week or two. I'm still very low on parts, and have no kits at the moment. I know this has been going on a long time, and it frustrates me very much. I hope to have something figured out by February.

Ok, onto the 1/10 scale car ... Nothing earth shattering here. We've been testing some new front end geometry, but other than that I'm still very happy with our chassis and pod. I've got some crazy stuff to test in '07, but I'm not saying much about that until it's programmed, cut and run .... :)

Racing stuff and replies:

When is the next BRL race? Good luck to the Maverick pilots who are attending!

Katfish: Thanks for starting the '07 thread!

Scott: Have you guys gotten with Joe and figured out a SWT date yet??

Mr. Butts: Scratch that itch! :)

Rich: Really looking forward to seeing you guys next month ... Guess I should make the reservations now!

Jimmy: I haven't decided on classes yet. 1/12 for sure, but I'm undecided on brushless or 19???

·
Registered
65 Posts
jflack,

I'll be ready for the 'Birds. I'm going to be running 1/10th stock, 1/10th 4300 B/L, and 1/12th 19 turn. Good luck to everyone that's headed to FL. I'm glad to hear about a new 1/12th scale car! From the thread on the SW Tour board, it looks like we will have a decent sized 1/12th scale group at all of the non-velodrome races.

-Tony Staples

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
JPH Racing said:
.........Racing stuff and replies:

When is the next BRL race? Good luck to the Maverick pilots who are attending!

Jake the next BRL race is Jan 27 - 28. It'll be in Ft.Wayne IN. Do you think you'll be able to make it?

RC

·
Registered
423 Posts
TQ'd and finished 2nd in the A main at Carolina's RC for the first race of 07. If it wasn't for the traffic in the main I would have had 1st. Finished .3s behind 1st.

Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Jim,

Glad to see a Maverick pilot at the Carolina R/C track. I'm from Greenville, SC originally. I was back there last October and it was good seeing everyone. I'm trying to get Cory Craig setup and running a Maverick regularly at Carolina R/C. Congrats on the second place finish! That's a very competitive oval crowd!

-Tony Staples

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mr.Horsepower said:
Hey Jim,

Glad to see a Maverick pilot at the Carolina R/C track. I'm from Greenville, SC originally. I was back there last October and it was good seeing everyone. I'm trying to get Cory Craig setup and running a Maverick regularly at Carolina R/C. Congrats on the second place finish! That's a very competitive oval crowd!

-Tony Staples
Tony what class will Cory be running? I believe I'm the only Maverick at the track as of right now. It will be nice having another Maverick. If you need any help let me know.

Jim

·
Registered
423 Posts
2loose said:
hay jim,you gonna run spec or super spec? i'm gonna try to make it to easly before i leave.
I will probably continue to run at Easley and get ready for the big races they are having this year. Definitely not going to run spec. I will probably stick with super spec.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Congrats to Chuck. Qualified 2nd and finished 2nd in 13.5 at the "Rumble in the Jungle" BRL Race in Cincinnati last weekend. His car was fast every race.

I qualified 4th and finished 6th in the A-main. I need to figure out how to keep the car free as the track gets sticky.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Kelm use bannas under the wheels it will keeper real free !!!! Well since you neglected to say how i finished. Was sick sat. with montazumas revenge, ran second in the e main i 4300, finished second in mod. not bad since i only had about 6 runs total on the track for the weekend and my head was spinning by the end of the runs. mike call me i think i might have an idea on how to keep it free for the whole run. Good run chuck, when you gonna come down and race in springfield with us?
Kevin

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Thanks guys, the 13.5 car was a blast to drive, and while I'll take some of the credit my crew chief also gets alot this weekend for making me keep pushing the envelope on setup. It was good to see Mike in the A where he belongs, and good to know Kevin survived the night. I do have to get down to Springfield, but my travel schedule is a bit jacked up so we'll just have to wait and see. As always Matt and Mark seemed to lead the way us in 4300, although we all got to spend some time scratching our heads this weekend.

For those who might wonder, I was running a black LF, 50/50 gray/silver on the RF, a gray LR, and a black RR. It's slightly psychodic, but we make it work.

PS - Sweden's cold...it must be my payment for going to the Birds...

1 - 20 of 620 Posts