Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being back on the road stuff is coinciding with the timely release of a bunch of new Johnnie's, all of which has resulted in a great start to the new year for me. I've scored more Whites in three months than I did in all of last year, and they're some of the hottest ones on the market, too.

Today's find continues that streak. While I was calling on an Advance A/P store, I asked if they had any JLs on close-out. They said they sold out, but the counter guy told me if I liked Jphnny Lightnings, I needed to check out a Hobby Shop down the road a bit.

I did, and was pleasantly surprised!

Not only did they have some of the latest releases, but the owner is cool and puts any whites out on the pegs .... at the regular price!!!! Says he hates people who come in (or call!) just looking for whites, and he tells them he hasn't gotten any in. While I'm chatting with him, I'm checking the pegs, and I'm stopped dead in my tracks.

Kinda hard to tell at first, for obvious reasons, but these tires look kinda white.... and that interior is definitely white. Could it be ...... did I just ..... naaaawwww, can't be. Yup, it sure is!!!!!

Dukes of Hazzard Dirty Gen. Lee ******!!!!!!!!!! Five dollars, please.

Waaaaaahooooooooooo!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That is really cool! :thumbsup: Congratulations on the find.

I think it would be great if we started maintaining a directory of the particularly good hobby shops such as this one. What do you all think?

·
Registered
237 Posts
G_G said:
That is really cool! :thumbsup: Congratulations on the find.

I think it would be great if we started maintaining a directory of the particularly good hobby shops such as this one. What do you all think?
I think the scalpers that read the HT forum would be at the front door every morning & guys like Rich & most of the rest of us wouldn't be able to pop in every once in a while and find such a great car ........just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
237 Posts
By the way, nice score Rich, that's the only car I picked up out of the whole set and if you ever need to find it a new home I know of one where it will be loved and cherished forever........:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Aw geez, Rich. After that full blown description of that WL you told me on the phone yesterday, I was really hoping for a pic or 2. :(

It's OK, though, I know you're having 'puter probs. :thumbsup:

BTW, nothing at that TRU I went to except this really obnoxious guy who came down the diecast aisle, bouncing a basketball, stood next to me (still bouncing the ball), then started checking a peg but backed off when my body language made it very clear he had to wait his turn. :p

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Very nice score, Rich!! Very nice indeed!
I agree with 32 Deuce. No posting of shops names.

Mark...body language? um, nah...
I can't say it. too obvious!
:wave:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SkipperC said:
Congrats on the score, Rich :thumbsup: Watcha gonna do with it??? :tongue:
This one's a keeper, all the way!!!!

Acererak said:
Nice Find!!!! A shop owner seling it for cost is awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!
I couldn't tell him "thank you" enough, for doing that.

As for posting shop names, no way am I going to tip off any scalpers out there. I won't even mention the town or part of the state it is in. If I know of a shop that's near another Hobby Talker, I PM them. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Congrats on a GREAT WL score! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
carnut2256 said:
As for posting shop names, no way am I going to tip off any scalpers out there. I won't even mention the town or part of the state it is in. If I know of a shop that's near another Hobby Talker, I PM them. ;)
[QUOTE='32 Deuce]I think the scalpers that read the HT forum would be at the front door every morning & guys like Rich & most of the rest of us wouldn't be able to pop in every once in a while and find such a great car ........just my 2 cents....[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Sometimes I forget that there are some within this community who are here not for the love of the cars, but out of greed.

Anyone knows of good hobby shops in Southeastern MI, drop me a PM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts