Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been collecting for years. I should say I've been accumulating for years. I joined this forum months ago but am only now participating. The reason is because I'm converting my dining room into a display room to showcase the diecast cars.

That's the passion. Diecast cars that participated in endurance racing, e.g. Le Mans, Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, Sebring, etc., pre and post-World War II era. Mostly 1/43 but I've got items from 1/87 to 1/16.

Had accumulated many plastic model cars but never had time to build them. In the last couple of months I've been selling them off. To be honest I was quite surprised that there still is a thriving market for plastic models. I thought they went the way of the dinosaur. The kids do not make them today and they couldn't afford them.

Went to my local plastic model club and many members have a bad case of "accumu---litis". The accumulate, they don't sell or trade, they know they'll never, ever complete a fraction of what they have. LOL.

Hope to enjoy myself here.

·
Administrator
28,785 Posts
Welcome to the boards @Bristol :cheers2:

Not sure why some peoples first post gets flaged for moderation while others dont?

If you have photos of your displays please share them with us when you have time. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts