Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
No clue, But I sure hope so!

I've been looking for one, but don't want to pay the $50+ they go for on ebay.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I just hope if and when Mono-Revell issues it again they decide to include the clear top like the 1st Aurora issue with it.
Steve

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I believe the last repop of which I have one was done around 1999. So kit production being cyclical it may be sooner than later. It probably will just one day be announced.

For instance the BSG kits. They were OOp for 20 years and when you thought you would never see them again BAM! they are repopped in 1999 for no apparent reason. They quickly go OOP and Revell-Monogram did not make the sales they had hoped for. So back to retirement when all of a sudden BSG is redone on SYFy and only 7 years later, they repop them again with upgraded parts. Although the Galactica itself was absent. Then again the Buck Rodgers kits were only repopped briefly for Takara in Japan and if you don't count that short run they have been oop for 30 years!

So I guess it all boils down to Revell and if they think there are dollars to be made repopping it!

BTW SYFY had an Invaders marathon on last Monday. The few eps I saw made me realize the quality of storytelling missing in todays programming.

Max Bryant

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I just hope if and when Mono-Revell issues it again they decide to include the clear top like the 1st Aurora issue with it.
Steve

That's a must. It could either be left clear so the inside can be seen or the windows could be masked off and the rest sprayed silver. And the large engine underneath should be clear too (even in clear orange plastic which I seem to recall was in the show).

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's a must. It could either be left clear so the inside can be seen or the windows could be masked off and the rest sprayed silver. And the large engine underneath should be clear too (even in clear orange plastic which I seem to recall was in the show).
Yeah, problem with that is that the bottom part is integral with the the entire hull. And to do clear, not only would the entire part have to be done in clear, the entire sprue would have to be done in clear. Which means that almost the entire kit would be clear, and I doubt they would do that.

I've been seeing these things around for reasonable prices - keep looking and you should find one......

Gene

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yeah, problem with that is that the bottom part is integral with the the entire hull. And to do clear, not only would the entire part have to be done in clear, the entire sprue would have to be done in clear. Which means that almost the entire kit would be clear, and I doubt they would do that.

I've been seeing these things around for reasonable prices - keep looking and you should find one......

Gene

True but an all clear kit could be cool or they could just do the more fragile bits like the undercarriage in non clear and the rest in clear.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I like models in clear, but I think in this case for the few who would add lighting it would not happen. The good thing is that that Engine panel can be cut out and plastic from a ceiling light diffusor can be made to fit- that even has the diamond texture in it.
My problem with the original kit is that ithe entire hull is out of proportion to the ship as seen in the series. There was an extensive thread in this forum a while back with a lot of great reference images.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I like models in clear, but I think in this case for the few who would add lighting it would not happen. The good thing is that that Engine panel can be cut out and plastic from a ceiling light diffusor can be made to fit- that even has the diamond texture in it.
My problem with the original kit is that ithe entire hull is out of proportion to the ship as seen in the series. There was an extensive thread in this forum a while back with a lot of great reference images.

As far as I know it wouldn't cost anything more to do them in clear or the windows and engine section in clear so hopefully whoever releases it next will. The hull isn't in proportion to the one in the series true but I think this will be the only one we'll get so we'll have to make do with it. As I said before, it's one of the better old kits and it looks like an Invaders saucer so I can live with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts