Hobbyist Forums banner

741 - 758 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
The interior of the Aurora/Atlantis saucer apparently was based on the set from "The Innocent" and not "The Saucer." That could make an argument for there being more than one kind of saucer -- consequently, the exterior shape could be different as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Given all the great info here on this thread, has anyone attempted to correct any of the deficiencies on the 7" 'Aurora' et al?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I do not think the Aurora can be corrected to match the filming miniature- it has some proportion issues and the hull curve is wrong. I think it would be easier to make a new one from scratch and use some lower engine pieces for detailing

·
Registered
196 Posts
I do not think the Aurora can be corrected to match the filming miniature- it has some proportion issues and the hull curve is wrong. I think it would be easier to make a new one from scratch and use some lower engine pieces for detailing

Thanks Richard,

Scratchbuild, eh? Sorry to hear this... I've never tried anything this big!

Sounds like a job for slow-drying plaster over a frame and a rotating table or arm. Do more folks go for the rotating arm or rotating table method? The toughest part, IMO, will be cutting the arm to the correct shape.

Tom

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlighter View Post
Don't think there are going to be any differences with the reissue which is apparently shipping today. At least they're back to the regular price again.

https://www.atlantis-models.com/theinvadersufo.aspx

I've seen contradictory info -- does this version have the clear bubbles on the bottom, or the red?

Thanks to any responders...

Clear domes, the rest opaque grey -- including the top. The only thing different from the first Atlantis run is the date on the box.

·
Registered
62 Posts
THE INNOCENT Interior

Been working on a version of THE INNOCENT saucer interior. Most of the paneling and prop pieces are in other episodes so it's been a bit of detective fun trying to put it together.

When I matched the camera lens, the camera would have been behind the left wall so the left wall wouldn't have been in the set to make space for filming, likewise the back wall was removed in THE SAUCER episode.

So far no image of the left side of THE INNOCENT set has been available but think it's safe to say the far left control desk section would have been blank like the far right one. In THE SAUCER version both of these have panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
THE INNOCENT Interior

Some other modelling stuff. The antimatter bomb detonator from the DOOMSDAY MINUS ONE episode became a panel in THE INNOCENT turned sideways, much better reference of it in DOOMSDAY MINUS ONE.

The power generator when Michael Rennie and Vincent first walk in to the saucer is also in THE BETRAYED train tanker as are many of the other panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
A Deluxe Aurora Re-Issue with Clear bottom domes and a Clear Top Dome Coming out!

Sweet! Just heard about this today:
18SAT200_FlyingSaucer_02.jpg

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

I posted this 5 days ago. I already have mine pre-ordered from Atlantis. $27 for July delivery.

Exciting news!

·
Registered
62 Posts

I posted this 5 days ago. I already have mine pre-ordered from Atlantis. $27 for July delivery.

Exciting news!
Thanks for more info on that. I kind of wondered if it was going to another Atlantis release, I have the first one, and I've now ordered this too, I'm curious to see what the new artwork will be.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Yah, I'm guessing Atlantis owns the molds now. I think they got them from the Revell purchase.

I have the last Monogram release and the Atlantis from a few years ago. This will make a nice addition.
Now if we can just get AMT to re-release the 1967 ford Galaxy I can make a nice Buds diner diorama.

741 - 758 of 758 Posts