Hobbyist Forums banner

701 - 720 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Best way I have found to post an image on this forum is to create a new account with Imgur if you do not already have one (free also), load the picture there and select either 'Direct Link' (which copies a link into your computer to paste into the Hobbytalk Post Reply) or 'BBCode' which does the same thing but when the post is seen online the picture will be in the actual post instead of just a link for others to follow.

·
Administrator
25,980 Posts
As a new member you are not allowed to post images until after your 5th post. (Yeah, I know. :rolleyes: )

In the meantime you can post (create) thumbnails - that works from the gitgo!

So try again in a few posts...

Welcome to the boards! :cheers2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks! Certainly does help to have a bunch of things not available 50 years ago.

The effects were certainly impressive for the time. Though I was thinking as far as the saucer was concerned, it often looked better in the first season when they would take the fully size landing gear out. Outside of S2 THE SAUCER episode, they seemed to save money by using matte paintings more (the same one too) The saucer shots in episodes like DARK OUTPOST and THE LIFE SEEKERS are disappointing where as ones in THE MUTATION, THE INNOCENT and PANIC hold up far better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Invaders 1:48 Scake ship

:wink2:
I agree.If this kit is to be re released in a bigger size,it should be more accurized and have more detail parts.And of course,offer the necessary clear parts for lithing display.:rolleyes:
Here a Large Saucer for Sale...The Invaders... Mike

Modeler's Miniatures & Magic has a large Invaders 1:48... Search Mike Makkreel, or You Tube

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Invaders Saucer Minature

Hi SUNGOD, I'd say very much like the original Enterprise filming miniature: light grey with a hint of green -- seeming THE INVADERS saucer was made at the same shop too. The green was added to improve the models definition from the blue screens which were used then (Now green is the preferred color for screening, so if you're planning on keying it, may want to add a hint of blue instead, lol). The lighter grays could also be lit without many issues. Here's a bit of info on the Enterprise one:

https://culttvman.com/main/what-color-is-the-classic-enterprise-by-paul-m-newitt/

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
When I was young our TV usually showed the color as something of a metallic silver blue, so when the kit first came out I bought it and painted it that color, as close as I could. Still like the color of it, sitting on the shelf, but using a brush and the old Testors enamel it's not the smoothest coat of paint.

701 - 720 of 758 Posts