Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may have been covered and if so sorry but I did not get the memo because of all the cover sheets I had to add to my old TPS reports :rolleyes:

Is anyone planning on making an 'up grade' kit for the upcoming Round Two Mystery UFO?

Like clear parts etc?

I also wonder if it is still slated for Nov 09?

Can't wait for this one...its been too long! What a year for kits! :):thumbsup::p

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
I'll buy a bunch, but I'm also gonna wait for the semi-promised Lief Ericson kit. They said they MIGHT follow this up with a reissue of the full original kit.

Let's see, where to put the nacelles....

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'll buy some of each if both versions were offered. I loved this kit as a kid. It's only much later in life that I came to know it as a Matt Jefferies design.

John O.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Let's see, where to put the nacelles....
The Leif Erickson/Interplanetary UFO has engine SHROUDS! You'd almost think it was designed by the British in the 1950s, the way they loved embedding engines in the wing roots of their jet aircraft. Did they think engine nacelles hanging from pylons looked obscene or something?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH wow! I just had a killer idea!

What about different schemes for this sucka?

I wish I could find a larger image but this artwork is in a book I have called 'Space Wars' - Worlds & Weapons a very cool book filled with some of the best Sci-Fi artist in the world.

I have always loved that WWII German like / Jungle pattern and something like that would look very cool on the Mystery UFO.

One other idea is to seal the toy like top hatch, light that sucka up using ten mil optics...making it a much larger ship that it is.

hmmmmmmm

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Should I try to sell my vintage kit before this comes out? I'm thinking its value will sink.
I have a vintage kit that I paid $20 for at Chiller. I think the new model is actually gonna cost more than that. :lol:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
OH wow! I just had a killer idea!

What about different schemes for this sucka?

I wish I could find a larger image but this artwork is in a book I have called 'Space Wars' - Worlds & Weapons a very cool book filled with some of the best Sci-Fi artist in the world.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
least something else on my is smart other than my mouth!

Hey, anyone every try "Federation-izing" their Leif or IPUFO?

(did he not mean a larger image of the Perry Rhodan cover?)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's just yanking your chain :p

That was my point.....get away for the boring every day Star Trek 'Federation' mumbo jumbo and do something different with it. Its a very cool design.

Thanks for the larger image.....I love that scheme......My 2nd Rommel's Rod may get that very same look.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wondering.

Was Matt Jefferies ever credited on either original release of the Mystery UFO ship on the box or the instructions?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The Leif Erickson/Interplanetary UFO has engine SHROUDS! You'd almost think it was designed by the British in the 1950s, the way they loved embedding engines in the wing roots of their jet aircraft. Did they think engine nacelles hanging from pylons looked obscene or something?
Why worry about nacelles? Look at the Defiant, she had shrouds too :tongue:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
they're called cowlings.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Chris. Too bad. Seeya next Sat right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts