Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Premiums went up in cost earlier this year in my area. But they still move off the pegs.
Stores will be getting their resets done pretty soon, if they haven't done so already. I would guess when they moved things around was the time they decided to put in the price increase.
I was kind of hoping there would not be one, but everything has gone up.
I picked up a maniline at Wally yesterday and the price was still 94 cents.
I wouldn't be surprised that this was a Wal-Mart move and not a Mattel one.

Registered
The price increase had to happen after all of the "stuff" that's happened in the past 2 1/2 years. Is it really going to make collectors stop buying cars? I doubt it. If/when I'm able to find something in the stores that I've been looking for I'm still going to buy it.
I don't know if you were collecting back about 10 years ago or so, but Mattel announced that they were going to raise the price of mainlines to over a dollar.
People on HWC were outraged. About a month later, they were back to less than a buck.
We will have to wait and see, I guess.

Registered
I don't know if you were collecting back about 10 years ago or so, but Mattel announced that they were going to raise the price of mainlines to over a dollar.
People on HWC were outraged. About a month later, they were back to less than a buck.
We will have to wait and see, I guess.
Well what ultimately resulted from that is various cost cutting measures in the mainlines, such as the gradual transition from metal bases to plastic and several notable castings like the 67 Camaro losing moving parts/opening hoods.

Premium Member
One of my local walmart's raise the price on the hot wheels basic cars but the other Walmart I went to yesterday was still 94 cents. So I guess it depends on the store manager.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts