Hobbyist Forums banner

The Horror Channel

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Old_McDonald 
#1 ·
Well, they have every other genre and demographic on television [hell, they were going to put The Beer Channel on in the mid 90's]. Come October, they are hoping to add The Horror Channel to cable and satellite service:

www.horrorchannel.com

They need people to sign petitions to get the various carriers to put it on the air:

http://horrorchannel.com/modules.ph...le=article&sid=83&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

They even cater to us insane modelers:

http://horrorchannel.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=13

I don't know why, but I'm excited about this. It sounds like Creature Feature on steriods.

Opinions? Discuss!

Scottie

#9 · (Edited)
All I have to ask is, will they have a costumed host for a double feature or triple feature latenite movie block on friday and saturday nights? I cannot tell you how much I miss that. Didn't really get to see that that much. Mostly just some Elvira hosted nites, and a few with two other hosts, one a mad scientist and the other a hunchback. Altogether, probably only about 10 or 15 times.

My dad got to watch those types of hosted double features all through the late 60's and the 70's, I feel completly cheated! Where's all the hokey punny horror humor? Where's that special feeling that having a host gives a movie on TV? Can you believe I look forward to hosted movies on AMC and TCM and History Channel at the movies and Masterpiece Theater on PBS in some sizable part, because they give me a some of that same feeling? Unfortunately Mystery on PBS has stopped using an on-camera host, and just uses a short intro that offers no background info or perspective. Feh!

Maybe the Horror Channel could get some comic writers together and do a show kinda like MST 3000.

#11 ·
To be honest...
I can't wait for this channel.

I'd love to see the oldies, the newbies, the popular and the rare movies.

A Costumed Host?
I'm all for the idea!

I also like the idea of separation between Horror and Science Fiction.

I've read (on other boards) where folks are already complaining about this channel and yet, no one has even viewed it yet.
I'm ready to give this a chance.

Bring it on!
:thumbsup:

#13 · (Edited)
The problem with seperating horror from science fiction is that many good films fall equally into both categories.

Not that that has anything to do with the situation on the Sci-Fi channel, where the head office simply doesn't care. If there's a horror channel, hope that your system carries it in it's first few years, as that's when it will stay true to it's premise. Ater that, if it's successful, it will be bought out and staffed by people who run it it like a clone of every other channel - ala Sci-Fi and AMC. Ratings and advertisers are the gods to be worshipped, not great concepts.

#15 ·
lecook said:
All I have to ask is, will they have a costumed host for a double feature or triple feature latenite movie block on friday and saturday nights? I cannot tell you how much I miss that. Didn't really get to see that that much. Mostly just some Elvira hosted nites, and a few with two other hosts, one a mad scientist and the other a hunchback. Altogether, probably only about 10 or 15 times.

Maybe the Horror Channel could get some comic writers together and do a show kinda like MST 3000.
YES...bring back Elvira.......or Rhonda Shear in a bikini to keep us "up" all night:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.