Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my hand into making a Attacked or blown up ship. But I am not sure how to post a Picture on this thing to show you all? I am new at this. Help? :drunk:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Posting a picture

Well, assuming that you already have a picture available to use, first thing you need to do is to make sure it isn't too big. There is a 30k limit for an individual picture. Resize it so that it's just under 30k - my method is a trial-and-error apporoach but it rarely takes me over 3 attempts to get it to size.

When you're ready to post a pic in a message, compose it and at the bottom of the message screen, look under "Additional Options". Click on "Attach Files". Then click on the "Browse" button in which you then attach your picture. I usually choose a very easy place to find a picture- usually on my desktop until the picture's been uploaded. Assuming everything's worked correctly up to this point, you've added a picture to the site!

Oh, there's a place on the site where members can post pics, isn't there?!? I haven't used that myself yet. But this works well too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Here it is!

Ok I am trying the picture for the first time. I made this model and called it the Hood because I found that in the Ships of Star Fleet books, that it was listed as lost. So I used that as the number and name. I intend to use it in a diarama for an upcoming show.
I used sheet styrene strips as hull fractures and rips in the Warp nacelles. To represent the inside of the rear of the one Warp nacelle, I used a Resin Stone piller I picked up at a local show. Works well for an end piece. The decals are all stock except the Name and number on the top of the saucer section. Those I ordered thru Tom Sasser. So.. How does it look? :wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barry Yoner said:
Nicely done!

Glad you were able to get the pics posted!
Yea, but I have seen a few posts that show the picture right in the message. How do they do that? Think they come out much better. :thumbsup:

·
Starship Class
11,871 Posts
Very cool! I like the jet of gas coming out of the damaged port nacelle!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts