Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be launching the Heart of Hobbytalk website Saturday morning. the Cars for auction will be displayed on it with instructions on how to bid on them.

Cars currently ready for Auction

Honda F1 RA07 custom with Highly modified 440x2 chassis ( wizard speeds)
AW Chrome 55 Chevy sealed in case 1-500 limited edition cars
AFX custom Road Runner #43
AFX Custom 55 Nomad
and a slew of odds and ends that i would like to discuss in chat tonight. So if your interested in this on how we should best serve please join us.

All proceeds will go to the American Heart Foundation

Thanks to Road Runner and Gear buster for thier generous donations.

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joez870 said:
C'mon, Coach! Where the heck is H.O.H.T, eh?!
It is saturday morn! (jebus, this was worse than waiting for xmas!)

Suspensful is it not? Will be up shortly just have to drive the wife into work (Why she has to work Saturday when she is the boss is beyond me). Then I will upload the site and add it to tne Domain server.

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Having trouble getting the server to spawn the address so here is the address. We do need to decide how to go about auctioning these cars off. More yet to be posted but I need to add a sub page and need to run into the city for a bit to have lunch with Beth. Any ideas. I checked into Fleabay and to do a charity auction they will refund the selling cost but Mission fish takes 7% to pass the money along.. Or we can have a live auction in the chat window? Or we can just take email sealed bids and winner gets the auction. If we choose option 2 I will need someone to help auction as I would like a chance to bid also, and option 3 a third party who will also recieve the bids so no question as too who won. Have fun guys I have added a few teasers to this post.....hehehehe

Dave
Go Here NOW!!!
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7hg20/heart.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Hmmm, where does your wife work? Oklahoma City? Hope it's up soon!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Coach, great work, brainstorming here:

I can't vote for a single chat session idea - I know of several upcoming Wednesdays when I can't be there, same would be true of any other time I guess. Then there are time zone differences to contend with too, especially if someone from Yur-rup or downunder wanted to bid. I guess it could be done over several chat times, with winning bids posted in between? Gives everyone a chance to see where things are and run up the donation? Same with sealed bids - round one leaders posted, chance to go higher in round 2? Maybe three rounds? Disadvantage to me of one round of sealed bids is maybe one item sells cheap because people are tending to bid high on the most popular. Idea is to maximize donation, right?

7% seems like a high fee for handling charitable donations, especially when most of us could walk into an AHA office for free and hand them a check.

Just thinking....

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kind of like the 3 rounds myself so far. Only the high bid gets posted at the end of session 1 etc.. good idea any other thoughts? I am anxious to get this under way having these cars here is a temptation lol.. have griinder will build.. wonder what the chromey would look like with the roof chopped off and a interior ( also part of the donations) installed?

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Note

In Case I have not mentioned this yet...Thanks again to Gear Buster for making the HOT tyco chassis for the auction and to Dave "Roadrunner" for his genrous donation of the Chrome Chevy, 43 Petty car, 57 Nomad , two pullbacks and a collection of small parts. Your generosity deserves a good round of applauds! :thumbsup: :wave: :thumbsup:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Offical Web page has populated.

Just a note that the auction page will now come up using its regular URl
http://heart.coach61.com

we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

BTW have you decided what to Bid on yet?

Dave
:tongue:

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Dave,

How or where do I bid?

Couldn't you have picked a better color than that flourescent lime green? :eek:

These new flat screen displays are amazing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I put a lot of thought into this, and here goes.. Bidding will begin tonight at 00:00 EST
Email your Bids to BOTH myself and Jeff (Splitposter). Auction ends next Saturday at High Noon EST. I will post the High Bid as they come in.. Also does anyone have a objection if Jeff and I bid? I am willing to send anyone what my maxes will be right now to keep things honest. Have fun with this and remeber its for a good cause, so even if you do not win, consider donating to your local charity anyways.

Thanks Let the good times roll....

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
roadrner said:
Dave,

How or where do I bid?

Couldn't you have picked a better color than that flourescent lime green? :eek:

These new flat screen displays are amazing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave
Yes I could have, but then who would have commented.. was going to do pink but figure Verizon would be sending me a heavy traffic bill..lol.. Joe would have made it his home pages.. Chevy's and Pink Text.. LOL :tongue:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
just got my income tax return back

open up your wallets boyz cause I'm a bidding for a good cause, my heart stopped beating for up to 22 minutes back in 1991, I know all about heart defects and the crazy stuff that can happen. (avoid REAPRO at all costs,(it's farmed from mice) as it caused me to code blue twice in 12 hours) ( just gotta explain to the wi-fee why I need more than one of each car.) Just so you understand wi-fees position, car count at approx. 520 afx/x-traction cars and about 100 T-jets and crazy husband still buying :wave: :thumbsup: )

Pickeringtondad
A.K.A.
Bob

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey Dave, when will you have pics of the F1 posted? Also, another other goodies going up for auction??

This is an incredible endeavor.....and I applaud everyone involved. :thumbsup:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TX Street Racer said:
Hey Dave, when will you have pics of the F1 posted? Also, another other goodies going up for auction??

This is an incredible endeavor.....and I applaud everyone involved. :thumbsup:
Rest will be up today the F1 wasn't dry yesterday.. call it cutting it close.. lol.. a few pullbacks and a weird jacks interiors yet to go up. I also have a pile of new tires I am goingt o lot out. been cleaning the good stuff box up and finding all kinds of treasures just waiting for RR to reply lol...

Dave

1 - 20 of 48 Posts