Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Ray Harryhausen creations are close to my heart...here's one (er, I mean two). "The Harpies" from the film "Jason and the Argonauts". This particular casting/kit was produced by Saturn Ltd a few years back. It is now available from GeoMetric Design.

Thanks for watching!
Phil K

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Harpies

The figures in this kit are about 1/8th scale. The base measures 14 1/2" long X 10 1/2" deep and depending on how high you place the "flying" harpie (I mounted mine a couple inches lower that what the figure/column are "pinned" for), mine stands about 20" to the top of the flying Harpie's wings.
The kit is really well sculpted...lots of detail!

Phil K

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Really fantastic paint job on a unique and great kit. Your coloring and all the detail work really bring it to life. Must look great on your shelf.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really fantastic paint job on a unique and great kit. Your coloring and all the detail work really bring it to life. Must look great on your shelf.
Thanks guys! ...and because of the height of the kit, it takes up a lot of space "vertically" as well as horizontally. But it's such a nice kit, it's well worth "sacrificing":rolleyes: the space.

Phil K

·
Registered
722 Posts
Superb job on this excellent kit! Beautiful paint, and detailing make for an outstanding presentation! Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts