Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hardest part of doing anything custom...
Is leaving it alone when it is time to set the project down while waiting for glue or paint to dry...:lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Noddaz- Do you have a mini-cam watching me. I just filled in a hole in an eBay purchased body with epoxy and matched paint. Of course, I had to pick it up and start working on it and messed up the epoxy!
Jim

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Man, I've been screwing that up since I was 8 and building models. I still haven't learned when to leave it alone. :D

--rick

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
Man, I've been screwing that up since I was 8 and building models. I still haven't learned when to leave it alone. :D

--rick
AMEN!!! same here!!! :D

Wes

·
Registered
618 Posts
It seems we arer all the same despite our advancing ages we always act as impatient kids (think that I'll always be an impatient kid either) :dude:

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
ParkRNDL said:

--rick
Had that problem too. That's why I would start 4 or 5 projects so they'd kind of run together. While I had the one drying, I had others to choose from so I wouldn't go screwing around with the one that needed to be left alone for a day or so. :freak: rr

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I've done that too many times to count myself, which I came up with a solution.. work on at least two projects at once.. this way as one dries, you can fiddle with the other.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think patience is definitely one of the most important skills to have when customizing. I could have never worked on 1:64 scale cars when i was a teenager. Didn't have the patience, discipline, concentration or planning skills. I agree with you guys. I like to work on at least two projects at a time. You will have much better results if you allow your projects time to properly set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts