Hobbyist Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
6,603 Posts
I like it Phantom! The reserved color scheme of the suit and the deceptively minimal shading draw the attention to the face and head, which is a masterwork. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed build! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
That is looking super sharp, really great detailing and toning. Most excellent.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm close to finishing my build. Only thing left is to finish the head and air tanks. I need to install the 2 air lines I removed too - might run out of time for that though. I have a lot on my plate from now till the end of the month. I guess I could say the air goes directly from the tanks to the center brace and then into the back of the suit---:wink2:
Steve

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have my Flash to a point where its gonna be done as far as this build is concerned. I didn't get to do any good detailing on his head and not much highlighting but my weekend is filled with tearing up the lower level floors for new hardwood so no more work will be done on it. I'll try to get some pictures shot on Monday. Didn't turn out too bad, hopefully my next with the Thunderboy base will be an improvement.
Steve

·
Registered
303 Posts
DONE!! Whew... that was a close one... I have to say, though, this has been one of the most enjoyable builds I've undertaken in a loooooooooooong time. And everything turned out pretty much how I wanted it to. Don't know how THAT happened... Here are the pics; the first few are in a standard lighting setup, and the rest.... well, I have these cool, color changing led lights, and I had this vision of a blue tinted image of Flash on an alien world.... those are in the follow up post to this one (image limit of eight per post.)

Hope you all like it!

·
Curmudgeon
6,603 Posts
What, no dust on those pristine white boots? Fail.

I'm kidding, of course. Strong work Phantom! That white suit guarantees the eyes are immediately drawn to the figure, which is as it should be with figure kits. In fact, great use of color throughout, and topped of by that masterfully painted head! Just brilliant!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
VERY nice work there!

I love the subtle shading, one of these days I'll have to learn how to do that. The job you did on his face is inspiring.

·
Registered
303 Posts
HAH!! I thought someone might bring up the pristine white boots!! :D You know, I went back and forth on whether or not to add dust; I'm still a bit undecided, but in the end fell on the side of keeping the look close to what was on the box art, with our Hero untouched by the elements. ;) Thanks for the kind words, ya'll!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
All you guys have done fantastic work! It's killing me, that I haven't been able to finish my Flash by the deadline of the community build I started! But by all means, everybody send me a couple good, raw photos of their models to be included in an article I'm going to submit to the IPMS/USA Journal. There are details about the article on page 9 of this thread.

I won't call it another extension, but as soon as I get my Flash done, I'll write up the article. So if those of you who are straggling can get yours done before I send the manuscript to the Journal, I'll include you as well. Everybody make sure and identify yourselves, what you did to make your model unique and why, when you send your photos. I'm sure the readers will want to know.

Now go out there and have a Happy Halloween!

161 - 180 of 185 Posts