Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
No, I'm using imgur to host my photos.

Good luck, I'm interested to see what your coming up with.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
DAGNABBIT!!! I keep getting error messages that state .jps and .bmps are not valid image files when I try to upload my photos. Anybody else having this problem?
Yep, that's why I haven't posted any pics of my current projects...

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just tried an experiment, pasting a URL from a photo on my web site. It was also an "invalid file". I have a plea for help in to the Powers That Be. They've been very supportive in the past, I see no reason not to expect they'll help with this glitch.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mark; I had the same issue as you when trying to upload from my stored images, but like Al, I was able to post the "Batman V Superman" images I got from Moebius today by uploading them to Photobucket first, and then typing the URLs into the body of my posts. 'Tis indeed a pain, but what else is new (usually the REAL pain commences AFTER I have posted the images...:wink2:)
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I saw the notification of this group build from another HT member on FB and decided to join in. I actually had already purchased the kit but then at WF earlier this month I picked up the Thunderboy resin base as well from Cult. Now that things have settled down after WF I threw it on the bench with about a half dozen other builds in work but I think I'll give it priority being a fairly simple build. I started gluing parts yesterday so here are three pictures so far. For those who haven't started I would dare say this isn't the greatest quality kit but isn't awful either. The parts fit isn't exactly up to present day standards and is obviously similar to '60s products like the Silly Surfer set I just recently completed. The seams are particularly bad and maybe just on my kit there are some areas at the shoulders that will require a minor rebuilding with Apoxie or putty. The resin base is cast very nicely and will be mostly a paint job to complete. Today I should start getting the body parts put together and I don't expect to take too long on this kit.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
rkoenn,

I love that base! I might have to get one.

It looks like your legs fit worse than mine, I managed to adjust the inside seam a bit, but it still required a lot of sanding and a bit of putty.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
My THI base came yesterday. Pictures truly don't do this kit justice! What everybody else has said about it X 2. And did I mention that it's an aftermarket item that costs less than the Flash Gordon kit? :woohoo:

mach7 - Red? I wouldna thot of that in a million years. Yours will be one unique paint job, budz! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Yah,

It was not my 1st choice, but I had it on hand and I could not make it out to the hobby shop.

I looked on line and saw some artwork from the comics that had Flash in all red, or red and blue/black pants.

I figured that different color legs and body would not make sense with this kit. It seems to me that this kit represent
a 1 piece skin tight suit.

I'll hit it with a satin clear coat to knock down the red a bit.

The whole idea of this build is to move out of my comfort zone.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I've been putting in some time on this build. Most of it has been on the seams on the figure, which require some TLC, but also on the base. Here is a picture of the preliminary painting of the base. I plan to do some more on it with dry brushing, shading, and a different color on the rocks in the dirt.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I am working on Flash today and moving along, the base is particularly fun. Here is another picture of the base and Flash himself. The head is more nuanced in person than what shows in the picture. Now I will start the details on the face.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I have done a fair amount of further work on my Flash and the Thunderboy base. The base is fairly well finished. I actually will probably finish up my build today or tomorrow. Here are a couple of rather crappy shots of where I'm at. I had the wrong lens on the camera for these type shots but the pics give a decent idea of how it is going.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You're going to be done in a flash*, Bob! How do you get the time to do it? Independently wealthy? Hordes of minions to assist? Parents let you model in their basement? :grin2:

*Yes, it's true...you have to be the lowest common denominator in order to write jokes for 'em!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
You're going to be done in a flash*, Bob! How do you get the time to do it? Independently wealthy? Hordes of minions to assist? Parents let you model in their basement? :grin2:

*Yes, it's true...you have to be the lowest common denominator in order to write jokes for 'em!
I'm retired and try to do at least 2 hours of modeling a day. In between I have remodeled two bathrooms, did some traveling but only to WF this year and Tampa to babysit the granddaughter, do computer repair, building, and servicing, etc. I am never bored. This is a fun build and that base really makes a huge difference. I am going to finish in the next day or two, doing lots of detailed hand painting today.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Here is my completed Flash Gordon with the Thunderboy base, I highly recommended this base as it adds greatly to the kit as well as turning it into a single piece. It was a fairly simple build overall albeit it was a some work to do all the detailing as well as the fit not being up to present day standards. That makes since though since I believe it was originally produced in the mid-'60s. Anyway, here are three shots of it.

41 - 60 of 185 Posts