Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter indoor racing quickly approaching, I figured it was time to change things up and start all new discussions and arguments. So let it begin......:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bad. Track owners who wont do any work on their own track unless they have other people (racers) there to help them. Give me a break. When did it become the job of the racers to work on the track or facility? Maybe if you are racing for free I can see it, but how likely is that to happen. Then to boot you hear sarcastic comments from the track owner saying stuff about no one wanting to come out and help. Are you serious? Some things and people will never change.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The bad. Track owners who wont do any work on their own track unless they have other people (racers) there to help them. Give me a break. When did it become the job of the racers to work on the track or facility? Maybe if you are racing for free I can see it, but how likely is that to happen. Then to boot you hear sarcastic comments from the track owner saying stuff about no one wanting to come out and help. Are you serious? Some things and people will never change.
If the racers dont help then you dont get any feedback on what kind of track the racers wanna race on, its not the racers job to do it all but I know 1 guy (track owner- whomever that may be) cant do it alone. If somebody doesnt want to help out then thats their decision not to. Its volunteer not manditory, Im just happy we have a local track to race on.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Granted if the track is privately owned it should be up to the owner to do the modifications-BUT- If the racer want any say in what the track look's like or the codition of it, they should get out and help. Most track owners that I've raced at give discount's in either racing or products they may sale at the location.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing, spring is here. Where did the winter go? I have officially raced 6 times since Proving Grounds shut its doors. Would love to do more but best track in the area (LHR) is over 2 hours drive. With kids and a wife that works in the hospital 3 of 4 weekends per month, that is next to impossible. Someone put up a quality track in GR please?!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts