Hobbyist Forums banner

261 - 280 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Reality TV??

Lyndie, have you tried contacting any of the cable networks to see if maybe they would be interested in doing a TV show of the restoration? I mean this is a major piece of TV history. Maybe the History Channel or Discovery would want to do a show on it and that would get it restored for you. I know the History Channel has American Restoration and that guy does an awesome job on stuff he does and claims there is nothing he can't restore!!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,177 Posts
:dude:

It's the first blue object north of the black roof building, next to the 2 white cars facing it from the right.
AHA!!!!

Lyndie, have you tried contacting any of the cable networks to see if maybe they would be interested in doing a TV show of the restoration? I mean this is a major piece of TV history. Maybe the History Channel or Discovery would want to do a show on it and that would get it restored for you. I know the History Channel has American Restoration and that guy does an awesome job on stuff he does and claims there is nothing he can't restore!!
Well, DSC has shows about way sillier stuff, so why not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
American Restoration was offered the shuttle, they were interested, but they have way too much red tape plus I would have had to pay for the restoration. If I wanted to pay for a third restoration (on my watch) I would pay someone who knows what they are doing and that would be some of the guys who are involved in bidding this month, hopefully. I have sort of had it with restoration attempts. It has soured me on people and promises unkept.

Time for someone else to finish restoring it.

·
Starship Class
11,698 Posts
The reason I posted here at Hobby Talk originally was from following a trail of people who were looking for the Galileo 7 for twenty years. Not only was I declared dead, but to my utter amazement there are Google Earth photos online showing the supposed last location of the shuttle before its imagined demise by imaginary bulldozers.

It actually evaded capture using the Mak'tar stealth haze and was secreted to a new location in broad daylight causing more than a few snapped necks as the wide load barreled down the road. Or was that a Romulan cloaking device? It is all a haze probably due to imbibed Romulan ale.

So, for just for fun I include a Google photo from its current location. Can you tell where it is?

Reminds me of hiding the Arc of the Covenant.
I didn't see it but one of the empty boat trailers looks like a Viper.:wave:

·
Registered
72 Posts
So Nervous

The bidding on the Galileo 7 starts at noon today EST.

Alot has been made out about the condition of the Galileo from people who have not seen it in person. They see the bondo on the hull and say it is rotting. They wouldn't know bondo from peanut butter.

I am telling you that the ship is structurally sound and all of the parts are in very good condition. Those bidding on it are invited to come see it in person.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Being the currency of exchange between three all powerful disembodied beings toying with peoples' lives, the rate of dollars:quatloos is about a trillion to one. Well bought, Mr. P.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is a long way to go and I hope the bidding picks up on the last day. I do not expect to recover all I have spent on it through the years. But, I am hopeful since I am about to retire. Over 1/3 of my life spent trying to save this thing. The question is who is going to restore me as I am now a relic and worse for wear.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,177 Posts
There is a long way to go and I hope the bidding picks up on the last day. I do not expect to recover all I have spent on it through the years. But, I am hopeful since I am about to retire. Over 1/3 of my life spent trying to save this thing. The question is who is going to restore me as I am now a relic and worse for wear.
A coat of varnish and you'll be good as new! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Someone came today to look at the shuttle. It was actually fun, as they were definitely fans. I had forgotten how awesome it is in person, especially if you have never seen it before. Pictures are ok but to actually climb inside and to touch it and realize how big this thing really is definitely better.

I reminded me that S.H. had it at the Anaheim 20th anniversary of Star Trek convention and charged one dollar a head to go into a tent to see it. He made 6 grand that weekend. I had it at one small convention in Cleveland and sold $3200 in T-shirts. Of course Gene Winfield was sitting next to me autographing and selling his photos of the shuttle and other props he worked on for Hollywood. It is definitely an attraction.

Almost 8 days left on the auction. I wonder who will have the guts to get it?

Oh, and John P. believe me it will take more than a new coat of paint to restore me lol.

261 - 280 of 384 Posts