Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
This is a change of pace for me. I usually don't care much for the fantasy cars but always thought this was a nice one.

Here it is in gloss black with new rims and tires. I plan to paint the air channels down the sides of the car red, but wanted to show how it looks now just in case it doesn't turn out :p :

I have some red spray paint and a brush. It's thinner than Testors so I may have better luck with it laying out smooth.

I hope you liked it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I do like it. Sometimes you just never pay attention to a casting untill someone does something like this with it. Great job.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, everybody. It's a neat little car.

It was part of the Hot Wheels Racing Team lineup of 4 cars and had a blue body w/ red and white tampo. The Datsun 240 Z and 24/SEVEN were teammates, I didn't have the 4th but think it was a Chaparral.

·
Administrator
36,023 Posts
This one is bit larger than the Hot Wheels version being it is a Happy Meal casting. SInce it is also missing its yellow 'flame' cover, I think removing the stickers and painting in the side cove would really make the beautiful green color of the rest of the car pop!

2006 Hot Wheels McDonalds #3 Formul8r
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
The stickers could go for sure. I'd be curious to see the side vent work without them. Not keen on the wheels either. But that all could change once you lose those stickers.

I like this casting and actually have several. Just haven't had them call to me yet.

·
Administrator
36,023 Posts
I have the same reservation about the side vent. Thinking that a flat black or black will be needed there to create a duct opening or to the whole thing....

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
The duct work for sure, flat black. You could get an idea of what the full flat black panel will look like by making a "dummy" with some black electric tape. If you cover the whole panel it may give the appearance of a very thin upper belt line. But that may be what you're looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts