Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As discussed during Wednesday night's free wheeling chat, here are some pictures of Aurora vibrator chassis circa 1960 (from Playcraft of England circa 1958) - there is no way to explain how it works without pictures. I will post a scan of a parts view, don't know if I can get it off my gallery or not. Been trying to find a reasonable vibe hot rod for some time - this is a nice one with the original decals applied.

I worked a train show this past weekend - ended up without my small layout ready so I set up a Classic 40 vibrator 4 lane set as an operating layout. As the contacts are not spring loaded, just tensioned, and the reed and push rod need to be in close adjustment, they take a lot of fiddling to run right. But they did run,more or less, and sound more like a door buzzer than anything else. zzzzzzztzzztzzzz. I can't remember ever running them on correct transformer before, 24v AC, and they do run better than on DC. Working the train show is another post.

45+ year old tires do not grip well, you t jet sliders would love it!

· Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
tuning sheet for vibe slot car

From what I have read in the Graham book, the return rate to the stores was terrible for the first run of vibes. The hop up kit with the booklet came out to address the problem, and these pages are present in the 1962 manual, not in the 1960 version.

Really touchy for a toy, maybe this will help you tune VJ. And you're right Bill, the chassis look to be cast in pot metal. T jets were really a step up in a lot of ways, but you have to appreciate that it had to start somewhere so there was somewhere to go!

I'm hunting for pieces and parts too, now looking for a few push rods (a slot car with a push rod!) Tiny and easily lost, or mistaken for a cluster gear shaft in a box of parts, I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.