Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect Ferrari and when I saw this one in a 5 pack I had to have it. It's as long as a Testarossa but sits so low and the body is so slim it looks tiny. It rolls freely on nice chrome rims from a Dragstrip Demons:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nicely done casting, however the real car had tall skinny wheels.
I'd like to see this one with wheel like it had in the early '60s.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done casting, however the real car had tall skinny wheels.
I'd like to see this one with wheel like it had in the early '60s.

That's how it came stock but I prefer "rubber" tires if it's one I'm going to have sitting out.
It may not be historically accurate that way but looks much better IMO.​

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Cool.....That is one of the first cars I ever recall seeing race on TV in the early 60's. Probably "Wide World of Sports." If my recollection is correct; seems like Phil Hill was driving it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That red one is cool. It's not the same release as the one I have, is it?. Looks slightly different in places. This was the first time I had seen the casting and I went nuts over it when I did. :p

The Agony of De Feet... I still remember that guy wiping out on ski's at the start of the show.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Yep, this is the same casting, just the first releases from many moons ago. I added quite a bit of detail, but the same .99 cent casting!

Here is the link to a bit more info I first posted here on hobby talk (and good call CH, it is the replica of Phil Hill!)....

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=244996&highlight=ferrari

Good thread Jitte, thanks for letting me post inside of it. We agree, this is a great little casting!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the little details like just under the windscreen that threw me. Yes, we're in full agreement. ;).

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I like the wide tires better than the salt flat rims. Those are some really nice rain tires if maybe not for that particular application. They would be for an F1 just several years down the road . The tyres on Stang's are dead on for that car.

Hope ya don't mind another interjection: I was surprised, as usual, when HWs comes out with something neat from the golden age of road racing. I got one of MB cars when they came out in the early '60's. The casting isn't as good as the HW's but the wheels were great. This one had many a run down the driveway when I was a kid....Before HW's and HW's track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts