Hobbyist Forums banner
661 - 680 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ug!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered this months ago, and I hoped to get it in this thread before we got off Porsches. I was about two days too late, but it still is German...:)

Factory Rothmans (not a conversion), factory Porsche box from a dealer. Model actually made by Spark. I don't even like Porsches, but this is gorgeous!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't even like Porsches, but this is gorgeous!
Bite your tongue sir. That is blasphemous -- how could you not like all things Porsche??? ;) All kidding aside, that is gorgeous! And as far as I am concerned, you can use the excuse "it has 4 wheels" whenever posting a Porsche on this thread, especially one as nice as this! My collection is exclusively 1/64, but I think I am going to break down soon and get this livery in 1/43. Although, I finally got my hands on a "1/64" Guisval casting of the 956/962 after about a year of searching -- I plan to customize to the Rothman livery.

·
Registered
591 Posts
And I can't make this stuff up - this arrived later yesterday afternoon two hours after the Rothmans one. Now I have two Porsches. I don't collect Porsches, but these two are just monsters and I had to get them. I might have to watch the Le Mans movie this afternoon.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bite your tongue sir. That is blasphemous -- how could you not like all things Porsche??? ;)
What? Like your silly reliability, fine German craftsmanship, and incredible racing history? Nope, nothing to like at all about them.

I prefer unreliability, leaking oil, haphazard Italian craftsmanship, and being beaten by a Ford at Le Mans. Ciao! :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Rothmans 956

My collection is exclusively 1/64, but I think I am going to break down soon and get this livery in 1/43. Although, I finally got my hands on a "1/64" Guisval casting of the 956/962 after about a year of searching -- I plan to customize to the Rothman livery.
porschephile911 Yes, the Porsche factory/dealer Rothmans 956 '83 LeMans model by Spark is very good. But wait until you see these photos of the excellent highly detailed 1:43 Rothmans 956 '82 LeMans version by hpi-racing.

Glad to hear that you have found a correct version of the 1/64 Guisval Porsche 962 model. I am looking forward to seeing your Rothmans 962 LeMans customization project.

661 - 680 of 702 Posts