Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though the 2009 Season just started with the trip to Rock-Hill and we are already at the end of the season. Time sure flies when you are having fun

The last race is in the record books, Championship and all positions have been decided for the GASCAR 2009 Nitro Pan season.

For those of you who have not ever seen this type of racing you do not know what you are missing and for those of you that have. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get yourself a Nitro Pan car and come race with us.

I would like to say a few things about the 2009 season so please bear with me.

First of all, I have been doing this for a long time and I can say this for sure. You guys make even the bad race days worth while. I dare say there is not a finer group of racers on this planet. We are all as competitive as human beings can be made but most of all we are friends. There is not a one of these guys that will not share a thing with a fellow racer. Be it set-up advise, how the car is running, what is going to be tried next or taking parts right of their car to get another car running. Try finding that at many places.

I would like to personally thank the following.

Tim Smith of Team Coyote Racing. If it was not for you, my friend, I would have not gotten re-involved in 1/10 Oval Racing. For that I thank you, I think I do anyway ;). Your willingness to put up with me, your sponsorship and your tireless dedication to GASCAR is much appreciated. Without you we do not have the BEST RUN series in the U.S. Keep up the great work and I am already planning for next year.

Donnie & Crew of Carolina R/C Complex. My elevator brother! Thank you for having such a great facility that is willing to host races and treat every single racer like a local. From the very first race I attended at this track up until the last, this crew has gone out of their way to make sure the program is run smooth and the track is in great shape. There is no group that can best these men and ladies at what they do, they get as good, but not better.

The concession stand folks at CCRC. Thanks for making that hot coffee and those burgers so we do not have to leave the track!

The staff at the Hobby Connection. You guys rock! Always there with the answers and parts us crazy R/C racers need. Even at 144 MPH with a styro-foam airplane.

Jason from the Hobby Connection. Thanks for the second time for pitting the cars for Tim and I. You are the man and I owe you big time. I will make it up to you the next time I am up there. Get your wife to meet up with us after and dinner for you two is on me.

The Grove at Rock-Hill. Thanks to you guys as well for having a venue that will put up with us and hold races. If the rumors are true GASCAR will be making a return trip to the Grove in 2010.

LPR in Montgomery. The home of Team Coyote. Thanks to the LPR crew for allowing us to have our series visit and opening early to allow us Nitro Junkies track time we crave.

John of BSR Tires. We missed you at the 500. Keep making those tires, you guys are the best in the business.

Roger Douglas. You are the man sir. You put on a clinic this year and never looked back. You are a gentleman and a true Champion. I hope to be able to race with you for many years to come.

Robin Douglas a.k.a Pit Chick. The pictures and videos you take of the races are great! We all appreciate getting to see them and remember the good times we had at the track. How you put up with all of us motorheads I will never know.

Kevin Andrews. What can I say? I tried man. But I guess if I have to lose a position in the points championship it is good to do it at the end, have it be decided on the track and lose it to a friend and tough competitor such as yourself. Congratulations on your finish.

Brian, Casey and Pops Ragsdale. It is always a so much fun to race with you guys. I sure hope to see more of you guys in the 2010 season.

To all of you I have forgotten, it is not on purpose, I just feel that I have gone on here long enough and bored you guys to tears. I thank all of you that make the Nitro-Pan class possible. All the racers, the pit crews, turn marshals, track officials THANK YOU for making it all possible.

Till next season my GASCAR Nitro family, I wish you well! :wave:

A

·
0 Posts
It seems as though the 2009 Season just started with the trip to Rock-Hill and we are already at the end of the season. Time sure flies when you are having fun

The last race is in the record books, Championship and all positions have been decided for the GASCAR 2009 Nitro Pan season.

For those of you who have not ever seen this type of racing you do not know what you are missing and for those of you that have. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get yourself a Nitro Pan car and come race with us.

I would like to say a few things about the 2009 season so please bear with me.

First of all, I have been doing this for a long time and I can say this for sure. You guys make even the bad race days worth while. I dare say there is not a finer group of racers on this planet. We are all as competitive as human beings can be made but most of all we are friends. There is not a one of these guys that will not share a thing with a fellow racer. Be it set-up advise, how the car is running, what is going to be tried next or taking parts right of their car to get another car running. Try finding that at many places.

I would like to personally thank the following.

Tim Smith of Team Coyote Racing. If it was not for you, my friend, I would have not gotten re-involved in 1/10 Oval Racing. For that I thank you, I think I do anyway ;). Your willingness to put up with me, your sponsorship and your tireless dedication to GASCAR is much appreciated. Without you we do not have the BEST RUN series in the U.S. Keep up the great work and I am already planning for next year.

Donnie & Crew of Carolina R/C Complex. My elevator brother! Thank you for having such a great facility that is willing to host races and treat every single racer like a local. From the very first race I attended at this track up until the last, this crew has gone out of their way to make sure the program is run smooth and the track is in great shape. There is no group that can best these men and ladies at what they do, they get as good, but not better.

The concession stand folks at CCRC. Thanks for making that hot coffee and those burgers so we do not have to leave the track!

The staff at the Hobby Connection. You guys rock! Always there with the answers and parts us crazy R/C racers need. Even at 144 MPH with a styro-foam airplane.

Jason from the Hobby Connection. Thanks for the second time for pitting the cars for Tim and I. You are the man and I owe you big time. I will make it up to you the next time I am up there. Get your wife to meet up with us after and dinner for you two is on me.

The Grove at Rock-Hill. Thanks to you guys as well for having a venue that will put up with us and hold races. If the rumors are true GASCAR will be making a return trip to the Grove in 2010.

LPR in Montgomery. The home of Team Coyote. Thanks to the LPR crew for allowing us to have our series visit and opening early to allow us Nitro Junkies track time we crave.

John of BSR Tires. We missed you at the 500. Keep making those tires, you guys are the best in the business.

Roger Douglas. You are the man sir. You put on a clinic this year and never looked back. You are a gentleman and a true Champion. I hope to be able to race with you for many years to come.

Robin Douglas a.k.a Pit Chick. The pictures and videos you take of the races are great! We all appreciate getting to see them and remember the good times we had at the track. How you put up with all of us motorheads I will never know.

Kevin Andrews. What can I say? I tried man. But I guess if I have to lose a position in the points championship it is good to do it at the end, have it be decided on the track and lose it to a friend and tough competitor such as yourself. Congratulations on your finish.

Brian, Casey and Pops Ragsdale. It is always a so much fun to race with you guys. I sure hope to see more of you guys in the 2010 season.

To all of you I have forgotten, it is not on purpose, I just feel that I have gone on here long enough and bored you guys to tears. I thank all of you that make the Nitro-Pan class possible. All the racers, the pit crews, turn marshals, track officials THANK YOU for making it all possible.

Till next season my GASCAR Nitro family, I wish you well! :wave:
I plan on coming back to GASCAR with fire in my eyes!!!!LOL. Can't wait for next year and 2011. I hope to race with you guys again and with you again Scott and also with Tim Smith again. See you in 10':cool::thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
There is nothing else I can personally add to what Scott has said. He said it all. GASCAR is an organization of racers, and its you, the racer, that make GASCAR a success. Without you, we would not have a series. Nitro Oval has long been my goal in R/C racing, as I wanted to race in a series that added more to racing than just the fastest 4-minute car. The green flag pit stops are what makes the races what they are...... exciting, up to the last lap.

I guess that our rule book is the thinnest in the world when it comes to rules, but they work, and they work, because you make them work. Carolina R/C Complex, Lagoon Park R/C Raceway, and The Grove Race Center make our series even more enjoyable with their time, expertise and friendliness. We could not ask for a better line of race facilities. We are adding Lakeside R/C Raceway in 2010, and returning there is going to be exciting. I am looking forward to working with Jeff and bringing GASCAR back to Clover, South Carolina.

Thanks to Roger Douglas, Kevin Andrews, Brian Ragsdale, Casey Ragsdale, Robin Douglals, Pops Ragsdale, Sam Presnell, Jim Presnell, John Foister, James Stroud, Mitch the Mobile Hobbies Guru, Tim Scott, our new racer, and most of all my teammate Scott Harper. Without you, Bud, this "Ole Song Dog" would not be running like she is.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again next season. I am looking to see Tim Smith of SC, and Stan Brackett, Jimmy Simmons again next season. We sure do miss you guys. I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, and the best of New Years. Spend Thanksgiving with your family and Christmas with the ones you love. without them , none of us would be here. Thanks again, for all you do to make GASCAR the best racing series in the USA.

Sincerely,
Tim Smith, President
GASCAR
Team Coyote Racing

·
Registered
715 Posts
I heard an awlfull rumor the other day. It concerned Kenny Derr making a come back, Man that means you guys are in for it now. Oh by the way Scott--YOU STILL SUCK! Later RED RIDER

·
Registered
715 Posts
Done worked on those ponies- Now i am working on the ponies that will be spanking a__ next year. By the way- can't you talk Kevin and That old#3 something another into coming down for the Last race --or are they CHICKEN?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Fraid not dude- Not only do the ponies need alot of riding- They take any extra money that i have. In other words they take alot of feed too. Hopefully next year the pony stuff won't fall on the same weekends as the racing. Sure did miss going to all of them to get on yours and Rogers nerves. hehe I haven't heard Kevin say if he was going or not. If he does just keep on whooping him--HE LIKE IT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts