Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know or haven't heard, my dad lost his life to an illness he didn't know he had yesterday. I just want to thank everyone who has called with condolences.

It's been a pretty tough couple days for myself and my family, but we are doing better.

My dad took me to every r/c race until I was almost 18, and he still came to the races whether I was racing or not for many years.

He was also probably my only fan when I raced the indychamps up to the minisprints. Whenever I won and looked up into the stands, he was always standing up clapping.

I still can't get over the fact he is gone, especially since neither us nor him knew he was even sick.

Don't ever take anyone for granted, and live each day to the fullest, you never know when it is going to end or you may never see someone again. Trust me, I now know.

Thanks again.

Danny "The Dude" Mentzel

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
danny
i am sorry for your loss and i hope to see you again sometime

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Danny...so sorry to hear it.
Please call me if you need to, I'll do whatever I can.

There are no words to help now, may God comfort you and help you understand what doesn't make sense.

From Jode, Jayson and myself, you'll be in our prayers.

dk

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Danny.. Rember your Extended RC family will always be there for ya..

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Danny I am just shocked! Mike told e he had gone to the hospital but all was well. Hang in there and call if you need anything!
Mike Makus

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
What a terrible thing, fathers are very special and time spent with fathers will always be special. Sorry for you loss.

AJ

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm also very sorry to hear this news. I grew up with Fred as he lived a couple blocks away from me. He was one of a kind. Our prayers are with you and Renee.

Bruce Gayhart

1 - 20 of 22 Posts