Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone else watch "Future Cars" on discovery channel last night. The fuel cell platform seems like the next likely way to assemble cars. The highlight of the show for me was this guy who had designed his own tire/rim combo that used very little rubber tread. Inside of the actual tire were a series of composite type material that flexed with the bumps in the road. This was some how connected to the actual rim.

It looked really cool and appears to be a great way to reduce the amount of rubber needed to produce tires. My question for the board is does anyone have some info on this guy, product, or his company? I failed to see anything on the Futurecar website . Any info would greatly be appreciated. :)

Zach

After further research, I found this Press Release put out by Michelin on the "reinvention of the wheel."

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Great show. Those tires/rims look weird, but seem like thye would be great not only on the road, but to save the rubber waste. The H20 cars from what I seen has already been invented, but it seem our friendly oil tycoons will keep the lid on this for many years to come. :-(

Russ

·
Registered
136 Posts
They've been pushing fuel cell and electric cars for years, and we're not much closer to making them feasible. The tire/wheel idea is really cool, though.

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts