Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently "hard to find" is not the definition. :hat: Picture taken by me with a cell phone. The whole peg is full of them.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
All the Cars stuff does around here is gather dust.Or it gets moved around the store.
Doesn't sell at all,anywhere.

Yet they keep churning the stuff out,only to sit for six months and then go the marked down stuff.

The supermarket by me has had one of those carousel floor displays full of this stuff since right after thanksgiving.

Still has the exact same amount of cars on it pretty much since it was put out.

Madness everywhere.

Mike

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
All the Cars stuff does around here is gather dust.Or it gets moved around the store.
Doesn't sell at all,anywhere.

Yet they keep churning the stuff out,only to sit for six months and then go the marked down stuff.

The supermarket by me has had one of those carousel floor displays full of this stuff since right after thanksgiving.

Still has the exact same amount of cars on it pretty much since it was put out.

Madness everywhere.

Mike

It is the same way here Mike in Vegas. I see the Cars stuff being peg warmers and with WalMart getting ready to do a reset they haven't even marked them down yet.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny though that even he scalpers shy away from them. Haha. Must be the most easily obtainable chase cars I ever heard of. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I saw those at a TRU and had my wife look them up on EBAY on her iPhone and they were selling for peg price.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
lol so much space is hogged up by the cars series its pathetic...nobody buys them if the price was way cheaper im sure the kids will buy them, hotwheels are so big for kids because they get a couple of dollars and they can get a couple cars....big time flop for that line. what is sad though i bet they could mark them down to .50 cents each and still not many would buy them...

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
With that many, i may have an explanation..for about 3 months, insane amounts of these cars chases started showing up here, at every and any store...finally met the guy returning them, he couldn't get shelf price for them..so he returned them all.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I've purchased some Cars before because they were cute, most had rubber-like tires, and the racing paint schemes were clever and high quality. But only when they went on clearance for about $2 per as I knew they would.

Around here, KMart still has "collector" Cars 2 vehicles they're trying to hock for $7-8 like the Popemobile. I don't know what they're smoking to think they will leave the shelves in any hurry with a price like that. I think someone may have purchased that Popemobile, but everything else is just hanging.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I had a dog that considered ALL cars as chase vehicles! He finally narrowed it down and specialized in VW bugs only as chase vehicles. Which was a big improvement, although his catching them and dragging them under the house was still a problem.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I had a dog that considered ALL cars as chase vehicles! He finally narrowed it down and specialized in VW bugs only as chase vehicles. Which was a big improvement, although his catching them and dragging them under the house was still a problem.
He had his own personalized dirt racing track under the house :D ....

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have the chase "The King" with the metallic paint. I thought it looked pretty cool.

The Cars II stuff has been hanging forever and has become a nuisance around here as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts