Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the board is bored (from swifty's book of puns), We need to gather our collective knowledge and help get this book written. It could also be titled "The complete Idiots Guide to Diecast".

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
or "Collecting JLs for dummies" or "Diecast Collecting for dummies", but I guess you'd have to go through whoever does the dummies book series.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Chapter One; getting in touch with your diecast side.

Do you get excited when you see a real muscle car? Do racing stripes and hood scoops elevate your pulse rate? If not, you're in the wrong hobby. we suggest a trip to the Post office to see if stamps make your palms sweaty.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
the true collector will add on to the house or buy a bigger house when the display area in use now beccomes too small

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
How true.

41-willys said:
the true collector will add on to the house or buy a bigger house when the display area in use now beccomes too small
This warning should be on the first page to be read by all wives or future
wives or in other cases husbands depending on gender.
My brother-in-law is big in HO trains. Each house that he has bought has
always had a much bigger train room than the one before.
His current home has a 30' x 12' train room.
He is about three years into his latest lay-out.
My wife is happy that I am not into trains.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
I'm waiting for the Diecast Codes breakers and secret handshake that someone promised in one my very first posts.
Sorry codes cannot be sent over international boarder due to a ruling by the Department of Homeland Security (Diecast Division) It has been ruled that if Al Qaeda would get these codes it could bring down the National order of Diecast collecting & the JLCC. "It is is in the best interist of all concerned that the codes shall remain locked under the close supervision of a party not to be named in this document." Please see in person a card carrying Moderator to obtain the "Secret" handshake. Regular members do not have the authority to pass along this information. Please see bylaws concerning this matter. I'm sure if there are any further questions you may inquire at the offices of Farnsworth Legal Services and BBQ.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Chapter 13: Dealing with scalpers and non-impartial retail employees while in pursuit of the ultimate "chase" cars.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
epilog II

After he's gone:ditching the diecast.

What's more lucrative,big lot auctions,or scrap buyers?

You may be surprised to hear, that neither choice is worth the aggravation of.............

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Gadzooks N' Egads!!!

You know that your heavy into collecting die cast cars when you
realize that finding the right sized box becomes an important facet
within your life. If you don't have enough space to display the piece . . .
you put the piece into a box for safe storage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts