Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 1981 Camaro in that EXACT shade...very strange in real life. I made custom decals out of Hershey bar wrappers and placed them on the fenders. Folks were always asking me how much I had to pay for the special, limited Hershey version!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I dont' know what 69stang uses but I've had great success with the "Goof-Off" product, a bunch of Q-tips, and a light wax job afterwards. Take your time though because it can eventually start softening the main paint job.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, all my secrets are already reviled above! I don't always, but in this case, I drilled the car apart, so I may work without fear of damaging the trim detail.

I use a virgin laqure thinner ( wash off is to "hot" for the paint) and "Q-Tip" brand swabs. The off brands do not seem to have enough cotton on them and you wind up scratching the paint. Un like others, I work very quickly with the thinner in small sections, and then give the car a good waxing.

As for the window, I learned that trick right here on our own HT Custom board. It is just Goo Be Gone and a lot of rubbing! Again, make sure you don't scratch the plastic with the rod of the swab.

I have never seen anything remove tampos on plastic "glass" without glazing and hazing like crazy. So I was thankful for the tips I received here on HT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.